Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being without my 2014 Cruze for nearly 2 weeks, I finally got it back from the mechanic. I had a blown head gasket and was also in need of a new catalytic converter and spark plugs. They fixed all of that along with changing my oil, topping off my coolant and miscellaneous other small things to finish the job. I've driven my car maybe four times or so and put about 3/4 tank of fuel in it. As I was getting on the free way yesterday, the CEL came on. I stopped at O'Reilly's and they told me it had a P0299 Code. I've been doing some research and most people say that I'll need a new turbo. I'm just curious because I haven't had any symptoms at all. No loss of power or anything, it still drives great. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the cars seems to runs and drive fine with no noticeable loss of power, it's not your turbo. It's probably the umbrella valve within the intake manifold stuck or missing. The PCV system on these engines are crap. Lots of sticky threads here to describe and show you what to look for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts