Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new guy here, been fighting this P0299 on my wifes 2017 premiere hatch. Had the inlet tube on throttle body pop off a few times, got a new locking clip on it and that stopped but now i keep getting p0299 and it clears every once in a while but comes back on. No charge pipes seem to be loose, but didnt see an O ring in the inlet tube on the throttle body, do these have an O ring in there? perhaps mine fell out? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 2016 it does have a rubber seal but it is not shaped like a O-ring it's like a "U". I think the air pressure will expand the "U" to make a good seal. Also, when my inlet air duct popped off the garrage found a crack an had to replace the whole inlet tube. (It was not a stocked item so I got a rental car.) For some reason they also, had to change the heat exchanger. (plugged) I was glad it was all under warranty. ~2.5h of labor and parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I dealt with the issue for a while and I finally pulled the trigger and took the turbo off. Wastegate pin has tons of play and catalytic converter is all broken and cracked. Guess this wastegate issue is also something to look forward to on these Gen 2 cruze. 56k miles btw.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That hurts to hear. At least it's still under the powertrain warranty! That's the only thing I don't like about buying my '17 hatch with only 6k on it a few months ago. The 5 years will be up long before the 60k. I had been looking at aftermarket wastegates but nobody makes them since the 2nd gen 1/4 is electronic I guess. The do make a recirculating valve, whatever that is

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is the first time I've seen wastegate or catalytic failure issues on the 2nd gen. The tube popping off isn't unheard of though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A buddy of mine here in MA said he's already replaced a bunch of turbo's on the 2nd gen's. Luckily they're relatively cheap even straight from GM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts