Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car about a month, and 2 weeks ago the code came on, I checked hoses, air filter, sensor connections. Everything looks good. Code came back yesterday, reset again and it's back on today. I'm not sure what else it could be besides a bad sensor or the turbo waste gate. I have all the specs from my ODM but I'm not sure which are necessary to diagnose anything. Doesn't smoke from tailpipe and idles fine.

I did the online chat with dealership, wouldn't answer any questions (since it's p0299 powertrain code will it be under warranty). They kept saying they'll forward my questions to the online manager, whom I got an email from that asked if I'd like a follow up. I told them yes because no answers were given, and I had no replies since.
When I called the dealer they said it'll be a 100$ diagnostic fee and if it's not powertrain related then it won't be covered under the warranty (obviously). But I bought the car in full and expected atleast a year or two without problems.

I saw a post similar how the car drove fine but threw the code and it was the turbo. I paid in full and am unsure how expensive this may be, and honestly how reliable these cars are. It's my first Chevy and so far I'm dissatisfied with their customer service and car reliability. Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
25,107 Posts
Dealerships have to tell you about the diagnostic fee up front for cars under partial warranties (the powertrain is a partial warranty). If it's a warranty item the fee is not charged. If it's not a warranty item and you have them repair the car the fee isn't charged. The reason for this fee is to prevent people from using the dealership for diagnosis and then taking the car elsewhere to be repaired. Remember that the tech who does the diagnosis has to be paid as well even if he doesn't do the repair.

Bottom line is it will most likely be a warranty covered repair since this is a turbo underboost code. Mechanical components break.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh that makes sense. I normally do the work myself so I'm not sure how bad dealerships try to empty your pockets. I know everything breaks, and I guess I should be glad it did while it's under warranty instead of at 61k miles. Going from a 93 toyota corolla that's given me no major issues to any newer car with an issue, is just frustrating. I'll post whenever I can get the dealership to call me back as to the problem in case anyone else gets a similar issue. I've seen posts where the were more than one code, but I'm only getting p0299. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, just p0299 code still, I put purple gas cleaner in it, just in case.
Code went off but was still stored.
Dealership said it was the turbo and they'll replace it. But it'll probably be a few months for the part to come in. Atleast it's under warranty!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after they installed the turbo, I've been experiencing radiator fluid leaking near the turbo. I've been 3 times for the same leak after they replaced the turbo. The first time they acted like it wasn't leaking because the reservoir was full (I filled it after it was discovered almost empty) and after pressure testing it they said there was a leak and they'll fix it and pressure test again. Well it didn't fix it. Next time I went they said it was some oil line going to the turbo and it'll be fixed under warranty, but they don't have them in stock because of some GM strike going on. A month later(today) they diagnose it again and say it's that same line, but not covered under warranty and want to charge 600$. So I didn't get it done and called their main warranty line, long story short, I'm going back again tomorrow so they can "rediagnose" for the third time. I hope noone else has had as much trouble out of theirs as I've had :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts