Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,875 Posts
*giving help not asking *

Hello I thought I would share my experience.
2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 1.4L Turbocharged
I replaced my original turbo from the previous owner putting to much oil in come to find out it was also cracked about 3 inches across ( good thing I bought another). After replacing turbo to fix the sluggish car with no codes and replacing oil cooler gasket to cure a known leak I started it up and let the engine idle for 10 minutes to let oil go through the pre filled turbo and after a 40 mile drive I got an underboost code with a odd blow by noise. Thought maybe i tore something up. Lol🤷‍♂️ while diagnosing and trying to find out why all of the sudden I had a underboost code i wasnt leaking air anywhere i had already installed the v3 kit even though the nipple was still there just as a preventive. It ended up being the solenoid under the intake that was stuck open coincidental? Maybe not sure. I was able to get one at a dealer cheaper and almost the same time from if not faster (less than a day). I'm under the assumption the solenoid being open was allowing boost to go straight through the exhaust and not able to maintain the pressure the engine was commanding. Hope this helps someone else.
I have to plead ignorance. Which solenoid?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts