Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is at the dealership with the check engine light on. The code I had before was the dreaded P0299 which means probably the turbo. The service adviser tells me that the car a 2011
with only 75000 miles on it and they say is past the drive train warranty. This is a known problem with 1.4 liter turbo and chevy won't back it C'MON MAN

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,172 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I think the B2B is 36,000 and the DT is 50,000, but I am not the expert here.

Try searching for P0299 in the search bar - many threads pop up.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard from dealer 2400 dollars for new turbo charger and 2 replacement hoses. Chevy willing to help out a little bit but 2000 dollars for new turbo charger on a car that has 75,000 miles. There's a known issues for bad turbo chargers and Chevy is doing nothing about it.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts

55565353 Turbocharger[SUP]1[/SUP] CRUZE, CRUZE LIMITED; 1.4L

$702.41$521.19
How much are they charging for labor?
A thousand dollars would buy you a very nice set of tools to do stuff like this yourself. Even if you live in an apartment and have to rent a garage bay for the weekend you come out way ahead.

MSRP on the 'turbocharger' (including exhaust manifold, waste gate, and misc parts) is $702.41 plus a $75 core charge that's refundable when GM gets the original. Various Chevy dealers sell it for $500-550 online.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I would like to know how many of you that had turbo chargers fixed or replaced
I'm curious what brand of oil you were using. I've heard third hand that everyone who's lost a turbo was using a certain historically respectable brand. I won't fault anyone for choosing them, but in retrospect, it may be a bad choice.

·
Vendor
997 Posts
If you are open to getting a tune, you could get a BNR tune with BNR wastegate actuator for $800 shipped and fix the problem while making way more power than stock :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the input but if I put a BNR turbo in it Chevrolet would probably void something else on it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any other symptoms other than a underboost code? Has the intake system been tested for leaks? If the turbo has failed you'd likely notice a whole lot more than just a engine light/code

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze that hit the 86,000 mile mark and told today Code P0299 is the reason for the lack of get up and go especially up hills. How long can I drive my car; need to find $2157.00 for Turbo Charger,and all the nuts, pipes and seal, gasket and coolent. (this includes $806.00 labor.) ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.