Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

p0302 car running terrible

6785 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Robby
Today I went and got a car wash and shortly after service stabilitrak and service traction control poped up and has code P0302 stored. Now the car is running terrible has anyone else had this happen?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
You didn't by any chance use high pressure water on the engine block? P0302 is a cylinder 2 misfire. Ignore the red herring Stabilitrak and Traction Control warnings.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't by any chance use high pressure water on the engine block? P0302 is a cylinder 2 misfire. Ignore the red herring Stabilitrak and Traction Control warnings.
I got a car wash with the underbody flush and I was assuming the traction control nonsense was a result of the misfire. What did that mess up by getting the underbody flush?

· Premium Member
5,470 Posts
I got a car wash with the underbody flush and I was assuming the traction control nonsense was a result of the misfire. What did that mess up by getting the underbody flush?
Odds are the underbody wash with water spraying straight up created a situation of a rainstorm under the hood and on top of the engine.

That in mind, it may be as simple as a coil got so wet that it shorted through the moisture, causing the misfire and SES light.

The TC/ABS stuff is likely a programmed disable when a misfire is present.

Sitting overnight, you may find it dried itself out from engine heat after shutoff.
If so, it'll run OK but the SES will be on for several start/run cycles untill the ECM is satisfied the misfire hasn't returned.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.