Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving around, started EXCESSIVELY misfiring...got a Service Stabilitrak and TC and a P0304 CEL. Cylinder 4 Misfire. Checked all the plugs - just installed the BKR8EIX to .028 about a month ago - all are below .03...pulled the negative terminal to "reset", drove it and it popped up again, usually under high torque conditions (~30mph in 6th).

A weird thing too is when i turn my car off, my radiator fan stays on forever...until i turn the battery back on and off again...

Does this fall under one of those negative terminal or EGR valve issues?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Could be a multitude of causes. Are there any other stored codes? Do you have a reader or take a trip to an auto parts house for a read out? Does it throw the code in a WOT standing start?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Read the code w/ TorqueApp... just that code...I noticed a small tear in the boot...about 1/2" x 1/2" square has been torn off near thebase of it...

I guess this isn’t a major deal, as a I told the dealer I “limped”to the dealer service center (on Saturday) and he turned me away as they wereclosing in ½ hour, and made me an appointment for Thursday….

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
Torn boot's will trigger this. I am convinced that any damage to a boot will cause this. Is your torn boot on the end?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the boot is torn at the base, I figured that was it.....but it's been torn for about 30k miles. Left it alone as I figured the seal was still good since I got no CELs.

It’s at the dealership now, I’m sure it’s the boot so I toldthem to check that first…is a new coilpack covered under B2B? Or can they claim it’s my fault.

·
Administrator
25,082 Posts
Since you replaced the plugs they can claim it was your fault. I think it really depends on the dealership on this one. If one of the springs is corroded and this is the cause you can argue that people who haven't done anything with their plugs have been reporting this. If it's the torn boot it depends on the dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the coilpack Saturday night, popped it in Sunday morning in 5 minutes, car runs great again! The only thing I didn't do was put the dielectric grease in the boots (I was in a need for a car) so i'll have to get that and put that on soon.

Thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts