Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up everyone this is my first post. Hopefully someone can help. Got a bad knock, loss of power/mpgs. Almost no power once car is heat soaked.
So I’ll start with what I’ve looked at. Re sealed my pvc thought about air leak no leaks cracks and is still working properly, looked at two screws on timing belt guide they are tight. Checked my lifters(I pressed down on them with some body weight with screw driver none moved checked the sparks they are tight as well. Soo I tried what most people suggested. Except a oil change and new sensor which I have just have not put on yet. I don’t have oil loss or blue smoke or burn smell but oil is pretty dark to be fairly new. It’s 5-30 Amsoil??? It’s suppose to be good AF but it’s pretty dark like coffee put it in the car around October 19’.

I have a new head on this thing it’s a brand new GM head came with new lifters and cams so I don’t believe it’s the lifters cams were not scratched at all.
Bought the pvc kit from Andre(xtreme) that fixed my blue smoke and bad Mpgs great buy by the way really woke the engine up and easy to install plus the big 3 kit.
Bought the MSD coil pack last month another great buy,I wish I did when I 1st got this thing.
MPfab cold air intake w Amsoil filter and honeycomb
Sparks are ac d brand new. Did not touch them so they are at .24
My Cat is (Gutted) so always have p0420 but that also freed up my turbo did not affect mpg’s Went thru at least 5-8 tanks on it with no issues.
everyday car for me 166010 miles , I’m pretty familiar with how the car feels and if I’m having misfires etc. but this one has stumped me as of now. I plan on changing oil when I get back to my office today and mess with the sensor. Just wondering if any one has any advice on what I just described. Again oil consumption seems fine.
please help!
All last year car was in out of the shop. Last person to work on it was Chevy dealer in Nov 19’ to set timing chain correctly Came back great! I just don’t want to fork over more money again. I want to believe it’s not a piston issue my because I think I would (feel) that my knock is just loud noise that gets worse with higher rpm’s running premium Shell/chevron
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I changed oil. Metal in my filter. There was metal in old filter I found from last oil change. The Amsoil got burnt it was really bad super thick and dark I think it’s definitely a piston ring or worse. It has 166000+ think its time for a new engine. Anyone have some thoughts on changing 2012 LUJ to 2015 LUV found the LUV on eBay I’m considering buying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a 1.4L on eBay with 16,000 miles on it. Hope to get 200,000 out of this one! With all the knowledge and upgrades I have it should be a goal I can achieve with this car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,442 Posts
Bought a 1.4L on eBay with 16,000 miles on it. Hope to get 200,000 out of this one! With all the knowledge and upgrades I have it should be a goal I can achieve with this car.
This is the first I've seen of your post. There are at least two or three threads on swapping engines. As for the gutted cat, you would be better off if you buy a tune from any of the tune vendors to help with that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine came in today! Looks clean bout to look over it in detail to notice and big differences from LUV to LUJ engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the first I've seen of your post. There are at least two or three threads on swapping engines. As for the gutted cat, you would be better off if you buy a tune from any of the tune vendors to help with that.
Thanks I have read a few of those articles hopefully I have good success ready to drive my CRUZE again!!! She was basically sick all last year!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh got an Amsoil catalogue in the mail over the weekend saw a Amsoil truck on the road on my way to work. And the company that dropped off the engine today used a jack with an Amsoil sticker on it! So to me that like a good luck sign. I still plan on using Amsoil for this engine, I got great mpgs before a piston blew. I am pretty sure the oil prolonged the situation from happening sooner I did a lot of driving on it the 1st month I had it last year after putting Amsoil in it for the first time. Engine and tranny oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LUV is in the 2012!!!! Engine sounds great. Sounds new actually compared to old engine idle is way smoother. Knock is loooong gone had to be a piston mechanic didn’t diagnose that issue. I’m okay with that because I’m running again finally. Just want to say thanks for other cruzers for posting success and failure stories so we can all learn about this good but troublesome car at times. So again LUV will swap into an LUJ Cruze!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. So I was sitting in the car when I wrote this did not move car at all. Once I left mechanic went into limp mode. I could tell turbo was not spooling at all. Figured it was the sensor connected to turbo housing. Got codes p0068 p0236 p0237 p2227. I noticed fan was spinning high when car was started I knew it was something with AIT not being connected right. It wasn’t, AIT was connected to 02. 02 was connected to AIT East fix bit codes still remained. Just read a post few minutes ago. I guess if those two are crossed the AIT sensor gets blown out and will cause those codes. Let’s hope that’s it. I will be calling Chevy in a minute to check for that part availability I will report back after I change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been a few weeks since I got the new AIT sensor. Car has not had any issues since. It’s driving great turbos whistling. Getting good Mpgs again. I can feel a difference from all the additional upgrades and the new engine when driving. Way more response and just overall better performance. I have been using premium lately too. I have not put any Amsoil in the car yet. Corona put a pause on some purchases SMH. I think the last upgrade I will do for the engine of this car for performance will be a FMIC then I’m done! After that who knows maybe one of those Tesla decks and definitely two new rear door speakers. I have the pioneer package the deck is a 4 ohm. those two speakers are 6 ohm that’s why there isn’t a bunch of output if anyone ever was wondering I know I did for years!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No more p0420 either from gutted cat. I put a zzp O2 bung extender in car before engine replacement. Forgot to mention my intake manifold is ported too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
been a few weeks since I got the new AIT sensor. Car has not had any issues since. It’s driving great turbos whistling. Getting good Mpgs again. I can feel a difference from all the additional upgrades and the new engine when driving. Way more response and just overall better performance. I have been using premium lately too. I have not put any Amsoil in the car yet. Corona put a pause on some purchases SMH. I think the last upgrade I will do for the engine of this car for performance will be a FMIC then I’m done! After that who knows maybe one of those Tesla decks and definitely two new rear door speakers. I have the pioneer package the deck is a 4 ohm. those two speakers are 6 ohm that’s why there isn’t a bunch of output if anyone ever was wondering I know I did for years!
What about a Resonator Delete?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that’s the plastic part that sits under the air filter then yes I took that out as well. But I keep it in the trunk just in case it’s raining like crazy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts