Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. The Cruze Eco has a P0420 code (and it's been on for a week or so). I watched the O2 sensors during my commute this morning and both are bouncing between 0.1 and 0.9 (ish) at roughly the same frequency. I'm not in a state that does emissions, but I don't like seeing the money light on the dash either. Previous experience says the downstream should be cycling slower than upstream. Is that true for this little squirrel cage?
What else would/should I consider as possible causes?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greetings all. The Cruze Eco has a P0420 code (and it's been on for a week or so). I watched the O2 sensors during my commute this morning and both are bouncing between 0.1 and 0.9 (ish) at roughly the same frequency. I'm not in a state that does emissions, but I don't like seeing the money light on the dash either. Previous experience says the downstream should be cycling slower than upstream. Is that true for this little squirrel cage?
What else would/should I consider as possible causes?
Thanks in advance.
How many miles does your Cruze have? Cheapest start is getting new o2 sensors, oem only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if your o2 sensor works well, @194K miles, you might need another catalytic converter if you do not want see the code. otherwise, you may be happy to live by it, since your state does not do the inspection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts