Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P0570 - Cruise Control Accel Signal Malfunction

Got the above code and it keeps retuning after reset. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2011 Cruze LT 1.4L

Cheers
Al

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Either a loose wire or a bad cruise control module. I've had both.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, can you tell me or show me in a picture the location of the connections or the module?
Is it under the hood or under the dash?
The cruse control is working fine and the code is so intermittent that its possibly a bad connection or wire.

Cheers
Al

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
My problem was in a Fiero GT. The symptoms were exactly the same except there was no CEL. I had a bad cruise control module.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Far cry from older vacuum and even electronic control systems, have a Vss for speed control, throttle by wire operated by a potentiometer. For cruise, just push a button that switches over to the microcontroller and use that as a reference in speed stored in ram instead of your foot. All in the ECM, no extra modules.

Not showing a P070 code, could be from a generic scanner, another trick GM plays so you will buy a GM Tech II scanner, shifting codes. Or take it to your dealer.

So show a P0571 code that indicates an erratic brake switch contact that is also an age old problem, that switch needs zero ohm contact resistance to engage and keep the cruise control engaged. On the old vacuum systems, was a vacuum release, now just a switch. Would take a look at this. With MT have another switch on the clutch pedal, in series with the brake, also a release on the steering wheel, also in series with these other two.

Cruise switch just selects different resistor values that feed into the ECM, save a wire this way by using the A to D converter in the ECM microcontroler. Just saying today, cruise is no longer an expensive add on option, just a few extra bytes of ram used in the ECM. Also cheaper to use throttle by wire than all that expensive mechanical linkage.

Could also have defective code in that ECM flashram, certainly a huge problem with todays computers.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm not finding a P0570 code in my manual.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I looked it up and it is a GM specific use of the P0570 code.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Sure a bunch of ad sites with this P0570 code, does apply to GM vehicles dating way back to 1996, always states the brake switch.

OBD II starting in 1996 promised all standard codes for all vehicles, don't believe this either.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Yeah, but Nick and I both have GM manuals for the Cruze and they don't list that code. I can find a P057C as well as other P057x codes, but not a P0570. Which leads me to wonder if there's something with the scanner that's creating a "generic" code instead of the specific one.

Oh, and the "brake switch" isn't.

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Baby gave the code, but not the symptom, is the cruise refusing to engage? Codes are fairly new to me, before, you went by symptoms and had to find the problem yourself.

Cruise in my 82 Chevy P-30 wasn't working, had to take it all apart. This is what it looked like before I restored it, ha, never took an after photo, been working fine every since.

View attachment 195689

It had to stay in there, is in series with the speedometer cable, or would had to have a custom speedometer cable made. Thought about putting in a aftermarket cruise, couple hundred bucks now, because the cruise handle was missing, but found that under the seat, machined a piece of brass to cover the broken plastic and this is what it looks like now.

View attachment 195697

Just saying, codes are new, back then, you had to know what you were doing. Today, your rocker panels are not a pile of rust, I ain't getting no codes.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
P0570 - Cruise Control Accel Signal Malfunction

Got the above code and it keeps retuning after reset. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2011 Cruze LT 1.4L

Cheers
Al
Hi Al,

You got some great suggestions here! Just to chime in, if you're thinking you'd like to visit a certified Chevrolet dealership, our team is happy to get that process started. We're available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealer name to move forward.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
More than likely, figured out resetting a code, and it still comes back, problem was not resolved.

Here is a partial circuit of the cruise control, only shows the input sections, left out the brake switches that disable the system. Was incorrect by stating that switch in the steering wheel was in series to disable the system, multiplexed with he rest of the system, even the on off switch that is easily switched off is multiplexed.

View attachment 195721

You won't find power switches anymore, just tiny little things that fire commands to the BCM and ECM, contact resistance is super critical in these things, generally 5 Volts with a fraction of a microamp of current, contacts have to be super clean for them to work.

Also won't find full circuit diagrams anymore, just bits and pieces scattered all over 3000 pages of manual. Apparently GM is far more concerned with liability suits than provident comprehensive information.

Friend was told with a VW that his problem was in the ECM, only 1,300 bucks for a new one, just not saying GM, dey all are doing dis now, its much cheaper overall.

Another problem with these things is having five computer systems that all need a sharp startup voltage to reset all the program counters to zero, so they start reading code from the beginning, dirty contacts in the ignition relay can generate all kinds of error codes, another is poor connectivity from the battery. Called a POR, power on reset, just a tiny capacitor that holds the reset pin on the computers to ground giving the power supplies ample time to reach 5 volts. With dirty contacts, don't get this.

Best relays were made in the USA, history, practically all made in China now, cheaper for the manufacturers, but a hail of a lot more grief for the consumers. Who cares about the consumers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info,
The code does go off by itself but then returns after a few days. The cruse control works fine without issue. This leads me to believe its a bad wire or dirty contact. NickD suggested the brake switch contact and ill take a look at that, I believe I read somewhere there was a recall on this issue in the US, i'm in the cold Canadian Southren Ontario area and do not see the recall here. The car has been away for a bit on a small trip so I cannot look at it now but will later today when it returns.

Cheers
Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.