Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I hope I put this in the right place.

First let me start off by saying I have a 2013 Chevy cruze that I bought with a salvage title (Hit in the rear/ great deal)..So going to the dealer is not an option.. even though the engine area was untouched.. im guessing they wont honor any of the power train warranty. Car has 24k on it now.. bought with 14k

Car has been fine until about a month ago when i started experiencing issues with the dashboard lighting up with traction, abs and engine lights.. After a some research here I tracked it down to replacing the pedal/sensor.. Which I did today. Installed and codes cleared by a trusted mechanic.. Everything was fine, until i was almost home..

Engine light came back, but this time with out the reduced engine issue.. I press Onstar and was told the code is p0599 and with some research I kind of tracked it down to being either the thermostat, thermostat sensor or radiator temp sensor.. But cannot find a definitive answer. Anyone have any input? No antifreeze leaking, no overheating car running fine as far as i can tell after changing the pedal sensor..

Thanks in advance for any comments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O wait.. Now a new code as come up and triggers the same reduced engine B/S.. you have got to be kidding me with the POS car

p2138

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
P2138 is a Pedal Position Sensor Circuit problem. Check your wiring on the original repair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you.. here is the thing.. I did the neg off the battery and back on to reset and it did.. now the code is gone..

is it something that will come back ?

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
Thank you.. here is the thing.. I did the neg off the battery and back on to reset and it did.. now the code is gone..

is it something that will come back ?
Unknown - it the P2138 may have been a hold over from prior to the sensor replacement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea it came back... wtf this is so anoying.. i looked at the connections and everything seems to be connected and in the right spot

·
Super Moderator
5,528 Posts
Just to get it out of the diagnostic equasion, I suggest you replace the negative battery cable with the new version from Chevy.

A large percentage of the original cable's are building high resistance and creating all mannor of codes/warning lights/brain damage for repairers.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought about that but since i was having no other problems.. radio turning on and off, dome lights etc.. i figured that cant be it.. but for 20 bucks i just ordered it to knock it off the list

1 - 11 of 11 Posts