Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member need advice-2011 chev cruze LT 1.8 68000 miles auto. Had car in last month for p0599 and thermostat was replaced under the 100k power train warranty.

last week fan started back up running very high but this time code p00b6 coolant sensor. i changed the one at thermostat ($40) and cleared code but did not fix the problem. Now the question? Do I replace the other one in the radiator before I take the car in. Sensor is $50 but would be cheaper than dealer repair, on the other hand,
known problem with thermostat and hate to waste the $90 for sensors when the problem is thermostat. What would you do?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Less than a month for last service I would go back and request them to do a recheck. If tstat was under warranty wouldnt the sensor be covered also. I dont know much on this powertrain warranty but it wouldnt hurt to ask your dealer.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello Gofish,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your sensor. If you would like for me to reach out to your Chevrolet dealership on your behalf about this concern, please let me know. You can private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and Chevrolet dealership name.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I case anyone else is looking for the answer. Dealership just called and they say it is the radiator coolant sensor (hope they're right)
Wanted $237. installed. told them I would pay the $94 and ordered there part for $50 and will install. Oh well

·
Registered
2 Posts
[h=2]2012 Cruze LS - Error Code P0599 - Fan Thermostate[/h]
I have a similar problem. 2012 Cruze LS engine light is on & radiator fan runs constantly even when car is first started and cold. I have a scanner and the error code is P0599. This code refers to the fan thermostat and that makes sense.
The car is just over two years old with just under 49000 miles on it. So the basic 36000 mile warranty is over. Is this fan thermostat part of the powertrain warranty or any other GM warranty? I have seen other blogs about others having this issue.
Thanks​

·
Registered
4 Posts
[h=2]2012 Cruze LS - Error Code P0599 - Fan Thermostate[/h]
I have a similar problem. 2012 Cruze LS engine light is on & radiator fan runs constantly even when car is first started and cold. I have a scanner and the error code is P0599. This code refers to the fan thermostat and that makes sense.​

The car is just over two years old with just under 49000 miles on it. So the basic 36000 mile warranty is over. Is this fan thermostat part of the powertrain warranty or any other GM warranty? I have seen other blogs about others having this issue.

Thanks
What was the fix for this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts