Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘14 CTD, 87K miles, cold start, ambient temp 50F, dry conditions.

Had my first CEL, code P0671 per ScanGauge II. Cleared the code with the SG, did not return. Did another cold start this morning, no CEL. Could be #1 glow plug starting to fail, wiring fault, glow plug module...or perhaps just a rogue code, we’ll see...

For now I’ll wait till the code returns.

Anyway, thanks to @Robby for the response under “Stupid Questions” thread. Just wanted to start a thread here under Diesel Tech Discussion for documentation. Will update if code returns.

Here’s the generic online definition:

Error Code P0671 is defined as Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit Fault. This means there's a problem in the cylinder #1 glow plug circuit. This error code is a generic trouble code, meaning it applies to all vehicles equipped with OBD-II or those made since 1996 up to present.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The only time my CTD was at the dealer since purchase was for a bad glow plug under the B2B warranty. So it's possible.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In his 200,000 mile thread, @Gator mentioned replacing glow plugs and that reminded me of the glow plug fault I had earlier this year.

By way of update, after clearing the P0671 code, I’ve put another 10,000 miles on with no further codes. So I’ll just continue to let it ride.

For those of you who’ve had to change glow plugs, what were the symptoms and how many miles on the Odo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts