Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, long time lurker haha.

I got some body work done on my 2011 Chevy cruze eco after a recent car accident.
Upon picking up the car, the check engine light was on.
I informed the body shop, and drove home hoping it was nothing.
Got home, cleared the codes.
The code came back when I went to leave for work.
Below are the codes that show up.
From my research I believe it would be a possible shutters issue, is this correct?
They did remove the bumper to repair it.
Car has around 128k miles on it if it makes a difference, I've had a good deal of problems with the car prior to the warranty running out...to include a cracked piston, and later multiple bent rocker arms and intake manifold leak....and now I'm well out of warranty and want to make sure this is due to a mistake in the repair and shouldn't cost me a lot.

P069E - Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
P059F

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It sounds like you may need a new fuel pump. It could also simply be that the fuel pump power and communications cable wasn't properly and completely secured after the work. Have the shop that did the body work put your car on a lift and verify the fuel pump is plugged in. They should unplug and then replug the fuel pump.

The control for the ECO's shutters is in the fuel pump (and no, I have no idea why this is, just that it is).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well considering I made it 50+ miles with the error code, I doubt the pump is unplugged but it could be partly unplugged I guess, but I also can't figure out why they would have touched anything near the fuel pump....
It was drivers side door, fender, and bumper damage (and boy do they have problems matching the dark red color haha).

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think you have an issue with the active shutters. For some reason, it's controlled by the fuel pump module, so that's why the P069E. It's simply the module reporting the fault. And yes, this is a common problem with a Eco that's had front end damage. Inspect the shutter and wiring.

This link is for the Malibu, but I'm sure the same idea applies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate it, I'll give it a look but in the end it'll be repaired by insurance since it has already been claimed and I was not at fault. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Ask (tell) the insurance company the car is going to a dealer for this.
The body shop likely has no idea how the various components (grill shutters in this case) are to operate to prevent this code.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts