Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
brought my vehicle in hoping to get the neg. battery terminal and DEF heater replacement under special coverage, but was unable to do so. Upon receiving invoice of the car I noticed the tech at the dealership had stated that the "P06DC oil pressure control solenoid valve shorted internally". I am unable to find anything regarding this in the 2.0 diesel platform. Does any one have any insight or input on this?

On a side note, has anyone been told by the dealer that they will not honor the special warranty on the negative battery cable unless the vehicle is brought in showing the errors (I experienced stabilitrac and power steering errors mostly along with other electrical gremlins)? they would not honor the DEF heater repair and stated "element burned out" thus making it not applicable.

thanks for any advice/input.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,026 Posts
I'd find another dealer.

The DEF heater issue that they describe as "element burned out" is exactly the reason the special coverage exists--because the part fails so predictably that it ought to be just considered a regular maintenance item every 50-60k miles.

The battery cable would probably require observable symptoms by the precise letter of the rules, but most dealers care enough about their customers' impressions that they'll go ahead and do it if the customer gives a reliable account of the symptoms and they match the special coverage.

Basically, I'd conclude that whoever you're dealing with has a basic lack of reading comprehension and a lack of interest in keeping their customers satisfied.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
Agreed. The Special Coverage can be confusing to some techs with low diesel experience (especially the Cruze). We’ve seen some inconsistent feedback from others here.

In my case, I had a different code than yours...P21AB. Diagnostic check found Reductant (DEF) Tank Level Sensor fault. Estimated repair was over $600 to replace the DEF tank because according to them the level sensor was not serviceable.

I asked why this wasn’t covered under the DEF tank Special Coverage and they stated that only covers the heater failure, not a level sensor fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be taking it into another dealer, not looking forward to another 140$ fee for them to look at the car. Anybody familiar with the “multi point inspection”? I popped the hood when changing the oil and noticed the coolant bottle was empty. I’d assume that is something they would check under that inspection.

btw, I had contacted Chevy corporate about the def tank warranty and they were no help. Unfortunately they had said if the dealer thinks that it doesn’t meet criteria for the warranty it’s not required for them to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts