Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check Engine Light came on this afternoon. Called OnStar and they sent me an email with P06DC and P24A5.

About three weeks ago OnStar told me that I had P06DC but had no check engine light. Same thing about six months ago.

I‘m bone stock and 106,000 miles on the odometer.

Happened to be near my dealership so I stopped in. But my service advisor was off today. I went on my way and the check engine light cleared after about 50 miles.

Searched here and google. But could not find any correlation with those codes.

Anyone have any ideas?

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to ask. Given its mileage has the timing belt been done prior to the voltage code? It looks like this thing is located behind the crank pulley and could possibly get damaged.
Great question. Yes, timing belt, fuel pump and associated were changed almost a year ago. These codes after the TB change.

• Wow
Reactions: pacolino and MP81

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to close the loop on this one.

I received my CTD back from the dealership, today.

- O2, particulate matter sensor, 12662647, replaced at no charge, under special coverage.

- EGR cooler, 12656014, replaced.

- Oil pump flow control valve, 55577112, replaced.

· Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the update. Was the CEL coming on frequently enough that you know already that it was diagnosed correctly?
The lamp came on November 17, and stayed on until the service was performed two months later. P06DC P24AE Truthfully I’m not in the habit of driving around with a CEL, but a whole series of events cascaded on my dealer and staff. So I drove it for 1,500 miles until they could make it happen for me.

In that time I had one no-start event, that may be attributable to a sticky EGR, and one brief episode of engine surging/hunting at idle.

The EGR Cooler, 12656014, is a whole assembly, that includes the EGR valve. So now that it’s done I have that concern lifted from my consciousness.

My service advisor told me that replacing that part was very difficult and that things were very gummed up. So much so that the diesel tech needed the service manager‘s help with the job. It’s a small urban Chevrolet-only dealer, with only one diesel tech on staff. Family-run shop. I’m always treated like family there. Grateful that they’ve kept the business going through these strange times.

As it pertains to my usage, I’d like to point out that the engine is always run on Total INEO MC3 dexos2 5W30, and always fueled with Shell V-Power diesel. I hoped that the fancy European oil and fuel would reduce or eliminate EGR problems. But not in my case.

I do have a 50:50 mix of short neighborhood drives and long crosstown highway runs. And spend five months of the year below-freezing. So those may be complicating factors.

My goal is to get the vehicle to 150,000 miles or 15 years of service. More than 2/3rds of the way there, now. Long-term I‘m wondering if a Blazer EV may better fit my situation.

Regardless, of the 89 vehicles I’ve driven in my lifetime, this CTD remains the easiest, most fun of all to drive.

Reactions: BDCCruze
1 - 4 of 4 Posts