Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

P06DC and P24A5 with Check Engine Light

1209 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Tomko
Check Engine Light came on this afternoon. Called OnStar and they sent me an email with P06DC and P24A5.

About three weeks ago OnStar told me that I had P06DC but had no check engine light. Same thing about six months ago.

I‘m bone stock and 106,000 miles on the odometer.

Happened to be near my dealership so I stopped in. But my service advisor was off today. I went on my way and the check engine light cleared after about 50 miles.

Searched here and google. But could not find any correlation with those codes.

Anyone have any ideas?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
534 Posts
If it was my car I'd look into the p06dc since it has a a stored history and has apparently threw the code after 3 failures.

I do believe it is a generic code used on cars with this oil flow valve.

I'm guessing that solenoid typically has a max of 10 ohms of resistance at the highest temperature it is rated to. It possibly could be going a few ohms over causing it to drop more voltage than the ECM wants to see. Thus the over voltage code.

I'm also guessing that the voltage/current is directly proportional to oil flow so it probably won't shut the car off to protect the engine. Low voltage/current code might be a different story.

It doesn't control pressure just how much oil is flowing depending on various engine conditions.

I'd ohm it at ambient and after the engine is at operating temperature. Be nice if we knew what the specs are.

It's not a costly part.

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
534 Posts
Forgot to ask. Given its mileage has the timing belt been done prior to the voltage code? It looks like this thing is located behind the crank pulley and could possibly get damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts