Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a CEL on my TD this week with about 16,000 miles. Was able to get it into the dealer to have the code checked last night and was told it was a P1089 for fuel pressure not dropping on decel as it should. I have put about 100 miles on since with no light. Anyone else get this before?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
That's a new one. What did they do, just clear the light and send you on your way?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but that is what I asked for. I was told they couldn't even look it for a week so took it back. No light since and 300+ miles. Most likely a fluke.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting. Well, please post again if the light returns.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Light has returned. I assume for the same condition. I have a service appointment next week. I will let the community know what comes of it.

Both times it has happened was just normal driving. One highway one city. Car seems to be running fine otherwise. No lose of power or fuel mileage.

As a note, the remote start does not work when the CEL is active.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's a snapshot of the code from the manual.

It is convoluted english, but the way I read it is that in order to set the code the fuel pressure "deviation" during deceleration has to exceed 362 psi.

And reading further it indicates possible causes as kinked fuel supply line, restricted filter etc. So I'm going to assume that the fuel pressure during deceleration is too
LOW .... not too high.

I don't know if any of this helps, but the thought was there ! :eek:ccasion14:

Text Paper Document Font Paper product Text Paper Font Document Paper product

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. The "shop foreman" seemed rather uninformed when I was at the dealer. Anyway its got a service appoint. Good thing too, today I found the drivers side axle shaft leaking trans fluid all over. Not super happy with the TD at the moment.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thanks for the info. The "shop foreman" seemed rather uninformed when I was at the dealer. Anyway its got a service appoint. Good thing too, today I found the drivers side axle shaft leaking trans fluid all over. Not super happy with the TD at the moment.
I had the axle issue on a 2012 Honda Civic. I wonder if they use the same supplier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the P1089 on June 5 2014 driving at 20 MPH through sub0-division. Read it out and reset it. Drove since over 100 miles and it did no come back.
Found some German P1089 on Opel TD engines in the internet also pointing to "random" common rail pressure reporting. Will monitor it.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I think the first thing you need to rule out is a clogged filter or water in the filter. I would guess water if I had to take a guess. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still waiting to hear from the dealer. I would hope that the fuel filter is not to since it has been to the dealer for all service to this point. I am expecting a call today from them but who knows.

Whiles its there I am driving an LS, really makes me miss my TD.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked the TD up from the dealer tonight and I am not sure there was any resolution for this. The repair order stated that the code was stored and not active and they could not recreate the code on a 3 mile test drive. Also stated that the code may be due to fuel quality issues though it happened on 2 different tanks of fuel from different stations. We shall see if it returns. I will keep the group posted.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Picked the TD up from the dealer tonight and I am not sure there was any resolution for this. The repair order stated that the code was stored and not active and they could not recreate the code on a 3 mile test drive. Also stated that the code may be due to fuel quality issues though it happened on 2 different tanks of fuel from different stations. We shall see if it returns. I will keep the group posted.
A bit frustrating. Definitely keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
The TD is back at the dealer less than 150 miles from picking it up. I am hoping they do more than clear the code this time.
Ugh. Keep us posted on what they do/find. Good luck!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spoke to the dealer again. They were able to work with GM technical assistance this time and think the problem was the fuel pressure sensor located on the high pressure rail. A new part was ordered as of yesterday. Hopefully this will solve the issue I was having. I'm a little upset it took 2 trips for the work to be done but at least progress is being made. I should have the car back tomorrow or Monday. I will report back if the light comes back.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Update: Picked up the car Friday evening after work. Today on my way to work, 58 miles after picking up the car, light back on.
Oh, man, I can feel your pain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Going back to the dealer this evening. They are quickly becoming as frustrated as I am. In the last 2 week I have put 200 miles on my car and about 1300 on theirs.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Going back to the dealer this evening. They are quickly becoming as frustrated as I am. In the last 2 week I have put 200 miles on my car and about 1300 on theirs.
At least they aren't giving you grief about a loaner car.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts