Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Welcome Aboard!(y)

OP basically already answered your question.

Possible causes for P1101
-Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor
- Air leak before or after sensor
-Mass Air Flow Sensor harness is open or shorted
-Mass Air Flow Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: P1101 - Mass Air Flow Sensor Out of Self-Test Range

But some MAF Cleaner. Amazon.com: CRC 05110 Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner - 11 Wt Oz.: Sports & Outdoors and clean it to start off.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.
I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze LS with 60,000 miles. My OBD 11 scanner gives me one code. P1101. I first changed the filter. The I cleaned the MAF and still no luck. I went to the dealership only to buy a new MAF. Here is the thing. My car runs great. No issues at all. I would like to reset the ECU but I am reluctant because of too many reprogramming issues. I see many people suffer the same issue and I refuse to take it to the dealership. Any help would be great.

· Registered
12 Posts
I know a lot of people are dealing with a code P1101 on there chevy cruze. I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze LS. When the light went on, i watch the engine light go on one day and off the next day. Taking my car to the dealership was not a option. I started by changing the air filter with a high end K&N. I took out the MAF sensor and cleaned it and nothing so I did buy one from the the dealership. I had know issues paying $169.00 for it. My next step was a smoke test. Nothing seem to help so I really started thinking. I thought to myself that from the start, the engine light went on and off for months. I was thinking that something was building up that kept the engine light on. My car only has 60,000 miles on it. Iask myself? could it be the trottle body? It took me an hour from start to finnish to clean the trottle body. when I got done, i hop the the driver seat and closed my eye and said a little prayer and when I started the car!!!!! THE ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF. MY FRIENDS, IT YOU HAVE A CODE P1101, CLEAN YOUR TROTTLE BODY...I HOPE THIS HELPS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.