Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

p1101 / p0101 Cruze LT 2018 will not go away, even after extensive troubleshooting! Sos help!

869 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  AllSeasons
My boyfriend's Cruze has begun throwing some codes, it started with the P codes. I've cleaned the throttle body, made sure the air filter was sitting properly, inspected the air intake for cracks and damage, made sure all the hoses were clamped. Cleaned the maf sensor. I have a new maf sensor on the way in the mail.

Has anyone ever had these codes in the same combination? Is there a certain part of the wiring harness I should be looking at for damage/lose wires? Any advice is appreciated! I am not used to working on these cars haha.

UPDATE: New sensor has arrived in the mail, it did not correct the issue though. Check engine is still popping on around 3000rpm and staying on.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,879 Posts
Re: airflow codes, has the filter fallen off the snorkel inside the airbox? It's common that the clip falls off.

Given the control communication and MAF codes, I'd be looking at the MAF harness wiring and the plugs at the ECM.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: airflow codes, has the filter fallen off the snorkel inside the airbox? It's common that the clip falls off.

Given the control communication and MAF codes, I'd be looking at the MAF harness wiring and the plugs at the ECM.
Sorry for taking so long to reply! I have checked for that, and it is secure.

I just replaced the mass airflow sensor today too, waited weeks for it to come in the mail and I'm still getting the same codes as before.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I missed the part about the wiring harness. Ill definitely be taking a look at it. Keep me in your prayers bud LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts