Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently trying to figure out the code reasoning for P1101. I have replaced the MAF sensor and put in a new air filter, replaced the coil pack, an O2 sensor and the gasket on my motor, put new transmission fluid in it and an oil change.. The problem started as it would start sputtering when trying to get on the highway, check engine light would come on for a day then shut off. After we replaced the MAF sensor and air filter we test drove it on a back road climbing a hill. Once we started to lose power and tried to give it more the check engine light would blink and a message would pop up saying Service StabiliTrak and Service Traction Control. Before we replaced those it would do the same thing but over heat, but now it's doing it again. I have looked up everything I could possibly find and read other forums on here of people having the same problem but found nothing helpful. Any suggestions as what it could possibly be or maybe to check that we might have missed?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,353 Posts
Don't throw any more parts at it!

It's most likely a vacuum leak caused by a failed check valve in the the valve cover. Look for this.

While you're at it (with the car off this time), take off the corrugated tube to the top of the intake manifold, grab a flashlight, and look for this little orange dot inside. That's another PCV check valve, and it will result in lots of oil being sucked through the intercooler piping and back up into the throttle body if it's gone:

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Don't throw any more parts at it!

It's most likely a vacuum leak caused by a failed check valve in the the valve cover. Look for this.

While you're at it (with the car off this time), take off the corrugated tube to the top of the intake manifold, grab a flashlight, and look for this little orange dot inside. That's another PCV check valve, and it will result in lots of oil being sucked through the intercooler piping and back up into the throttle body if it's gone:

Fix the vid J!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
How do you replace the PCV valve if it's bad?
Actually it is called a burst diaphram and it is part of the cam cover.....so cam cover replacement is called for.
More often than not though, the burst disc failed because a check valve in the intake manifold has broken away from its mount point.
A new cam cover against a failed manifold will work OK but will fail again because it is continuous vacuum......a situation it is not designed for.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts