Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, brand new here. I have a 2017 1.4L gas turbo Cruze LT with 90,000 miles. The seemingly common P1101 code popped up and no other codes. It went away once but came back for good. I have read every related post on here and have a few questions. First I have changed the Air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and cleaned the throttle body. Code is still there. I also checked the intake tubes for tightness and checked for vacuum leaks. Everything good there. Also gas mileage has taken a good sized hit.

Now I did find oil in the large diameter air tube by the lower radiator support that leads to the turbo. Is this a symptom of a PCV valve?

How do you remove the tubes from the pcv valves? Looks like quick disconnects but I couldn’t remove them with risking breaking them. I saw another post about using picks but no details and nothing on YouTube - everything comes up as the gen 1 replacement. Do you replace all 3 or is there one that is most likely? Anyone know what thread and diameter bolts the tamper resistant pcv valve bolts are? I just want to replace them with easy to remove bolts? Will need to use vice grips to remove them.

I did see another post about the pcv orifice being clogged and that it’s under the valve cover. Anyone know the part number of that and where it’s located within the cover? Not sure that this would have caused the oil in the air intake tube though. Also I do use good synthetic oil and mostly highway driving, very rarely idling.

Finally, does anyone know what the small black plastic box is that the pcv tube is connected to, that sits on the upper air intake tube? I see a crack in it. See photos. Could be some unmetered air getting in causing a code, but with ether start, it did not appear to be sucking in outside air.

I will only change the MAF sensor if all else fails. It doesn’t seem to be the issue with the symptoms I have and cleaning already performed.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I spoke to soon. I didn’t erase the code but after cleaning the throttle body and a long drive the service engine soon light went off on its own and never came back.

That still leaves me with oil in the intake tube leading to the turbo by the lower radiator support. Can anyone confirm that this is most likely the pcv valves going bad?

How do you get the pcv valve tube connectors off the pcv valve? Rock auto sells the pcv valves separately, you don’t need to buy the whole assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts