Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Just hit 100000 miles I've had it for 2 years now and it's been nothing but a mess. My latest problem is the CEL keeps coming on and it's p1101. I've already put a new MAF and a new valve cover/pcv on and the light keeps coming back. I've cleaned the TB and checked all the vacuum lines even sprayed starting fluid on them and around the TB and the manifold and no luck. It's been to the dealer twice and they said it was the MAF first then it was the PCV. Fixed both and still comes on. The car drives normal. No idle issues or surging. Anyone who l had this issue or have any imput that could help me out. It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,216 Posts
Check for a loose or leaking turbo to intercooler hose, as well as for disconnected clamps on all air hoses. Give everything a good wiggle.

The airbox to MAF hose and corrugated PCV hose should be checked out as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I tried responding earlier but I guess it didn't go through. I checked everything twice. Every sensor that has to do with air I unplugged (while battery disconnected) and plugged back in and made sure it was connected and code came back after 5 miles. I did notice some oil in my air charge pipe but not very much at all. Wasn't any in the throttle body and the car doesn't smoke or have a lack of power. Turbo still responding like normal and I can still hear it. No funny noises or air excaping from the turbo tubes. No vacuum leaks either. I'm just stumped. Called another Chevy dealer and it's going in Monday to see if they can find the problem. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I can try before then. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading some post on here about the same issue other people had it could be the pcv tune the runs from the intake manifold to the turbo? Something about a orange diagram in the tube on the intake manifold where the pcv tube connects to. I looked down into that hole and I don't see anything besides a dark hole. Then I saw something about the pcv tube that air can oil go one way in the tube which is to the turbo. I took mine off and I can blow both ways through the tube. Could this be my problem? Do I need a new pcv tube or a new intake manifold. I hope it's not he manifold because that is outrageous on the price compared the the pcv tube.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So today I looked closer at the pcv tube and intake and there is no little orange check valve in there and you can blow both ways in the pcv tube. I started the car and took the pcv tube off and noticed it is sucking air instead of blowing air. Is that right? Or is it supposed to be pushing air towards the turbo? Is the pcv tube supposed to have a check valve so it's not pulling air from the turbo? Is there any options beside replacing the intake manifold or does that have to be done to fix my problem?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ. Just hit 100000 miles I've had it for 2 years now and it's been nothing but a mess. My latest problem is the CEL keeps coming on and it's p1101. I've already put a new MAF and a new valve cover/pcv on and the light keeps coming back. I've cleaned the TB and checked all the vacuum lines even sprayed starting fluid on them and around the TB and the manifold and no luck. It's been to the dealer twice and they said it was the MAF first then it was the PCV. Fixed both and still comes on. The car drives normal. No idle issues or surging. Anyone who l had this issue or have any imput that could help me out. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the info. I tried responding earlier but I guess it didn't go through. I checked everything twice. Every sensor that has to do with air I unplugged (while battery disconnected) and plugged back in and made sure it was connected and code came back after 5 miles. I did notice some oil in my air charge pipe but not very much at all. Wasn't any in the throttle body and the car doesn't smoke or have a lack of power. Turbo still responding like normal and I can still hear it. No funny noises or air excaping from the turbo tubes. No vacuum leaks either. I'm just stumped. Called another Chevy dealer and it's going in Monday to see if they can find the problem. Unless anyone has any other suggestions I can try before then. Thanks
Hi there Junkycruze,

We regret to hear about this ongoing check engine light you're experiencing with your Cruze, as we understand how frustrating this is for you. We would like to look into this further while you work with your dealership to resolve this. If that is something of interest, please send our team a private message at your earliest convenience.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Chelsea, The last thing I want to do is take it to a dealership. My warranty ended in July so everything has to come out of pocket. I just order a new air charge bypass tube which is the pcv tube that runs from the intake to the turbo. Hopefully this helps my problem. The air check valve is missing in the intake and in the pcv tube(air charge bypass tube). If this don't work then I have to break down and by a new intake manifold which is about 300 bucks.

·
17,216 Posts
So today I looked closer at the pcv tube and intake and there is no little orange check valve in there and you can blow both ways in the pcv tube. I started the car and took the pcv tube off and noticed it is sucking air instead of blowing air. Is that right? Or is it supposed to be pushing air towards the turbo? Is the pcv tube supposed to have a check valve so it's not pulling air from the turbo? Is there any options beside replacing the intake manifold or does that have to be done to fix my problem?
The check valves are in place because vacuum comes from two different sources depending on whether or not the intake manifold is under positive (boost) or negative pressure. The intake side of the turbo acts as the source of vacuum under these situations.

Unfortunately, you may need that check valve in the intake manifold too. Usually that just results in a little more oil ingestion. I hope the hose itself solves it though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you jblackburn I really appreciate the input. This car has been nothing but trouble since I got it. But hopefully the new hose works and I'll eventually get the new intake in tax season if all goes well. Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you look close you can see there is no rubber check valve. I guess it just got up and walked away lol. Pretty dirty in there to. New intake and pvc tube will be in and that should solve all problems.

Attachments

·
17,216 Posts
If you look close you can see there is no rubber check valve. I guess it just got up and walked away lol. Pretty dirty in there to. New intake and pvc tube will be in and that should solve all problems.
Yeah, they get sucked away and eaten when the cam cover disc goes bad I think. Mine and many others have gone missing. Pretty bad design having to replace the entire intake manifold, throttle body, and all the other stuff attached to it as one part.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I agree a terrible design flaw. But hopefully it last another 100 thousand miles and I'll be happy. I don't know why they don't sell just the plastic manifold by itself. Why does the injectors and throttle body have to go with it. That's probably what makes it so expensive. But I guess it's a good thing to get everything since it's all right they any ways but for someone on a budget it sure would be nice just to by the manifold.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes I agree a terrible design flaw. But hopefully it last another 100 thousand miles and I'll be happy. I don't know why they don't sell just the plastic manifold by itself. Why does the injectors and throttle body have to go with it. That's probably what makes it so expensive. But I guess it's a good thing to get everything since it's all right they any ways but for someone on a budget it sure would be nice just to by the manifold.
I think I have seen just the check valve on ebay, from Russia though, quality may be questionable but might be available elsewhere

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everything is fixed but the idle fluctuates 600-800 with the new pcv tube. Old one it idles fine but code p1101 comes on instantly cause there's no check valve in the pcv tube. New one has check valve but it's causing the idle problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts