Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 LS with 1.8 and 31k miles, keep getting P171 code, have changed lower O2, sea foamed throttle body and sea foamed gas tank, put premium in the tank CEL goes out for a day and comes back on the next day. usually in the mornings the first stop sign I come to my engine stalls, or as I am pulling into my parking spot coming home at the end of the day. Also get message to service stabilitrak and traction control. took it to the dealer and they wanted to charge me $800 to change the o2 sensor and clean the fuel system. I have a cruze for a reason, I don't have $800 lying around. I change the oil every 5k. i have checked from other posts about the PCV valve and i dont feel any air from it. on a positive note after I sea foamed the throttle body my gas mileage went up significantly. I was getting decent gas mileage before.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
It isn't the O2. Look for a vacuum leak.

Pcv isn't common on the 1.8; that is the 1.4.

Are you out of B2B warranty by time? You're still under the 36k mileage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
battery is factory, checked plugs and they were fouled, MAF looked fine, cleared CEL, all around car is running better, still getting a little bit of rough idle, battery cable was fixed prior to purchase when they cameout with the recall initially. waiting to see if car relearns after all the cleaning and parts replacement I have done (plugs and downstream sensor was giving fail code initially) I have looked over the vacuumlines cannot find any leaks.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
battery is factory, checked plugs and they were fouled, MAF looked fine, cleared CEL, all around car is running better, still getting a little bit of rough idle, battery cable was fixed prior to purchase when they cameout with the recall initially. waiting to see if car relearns after all the cleaning and parts replacement I have done (plugs and downstream sensor was giving fail code initially) I have looked over the vacuumlines cannot find any leaks.
Good, you’re doing all the right things.

If it runs better but CELs persist, consider new battery. Your factory battery could be 4 years old by now and the computer seems to be sensitive to even the slightest voltage variances.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is the intake manifold gasket, mass air flow sensor, and the intake boot covered under warranty? I have had the battery tested but I am still getting the same code

1 - 7 of 7 Posts