Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 2013 Cruze 1.8. The engine, traction control and parking sensor light is on. The car is in limp mode. Fortunately I have a car scanner tool which allows me to reset it and drive the normally (I have to do it everytime I start the car). However after resetting the errors the gear selector gets stuck in P and I have to manually release it using the gear release button.

The codes I am getting are P1915. I have already changed the battery and alternator (the alternator bearing was jammed)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, sorry for the late reply, but the car is still in the workshop. According to the mechanic its the gear selector switch. According to him its in the gearbox itself (I initially thought it was the gear selector). Had to order the part as it wasn't available. I will be getting back the car next week and will post an update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve ordered a new park/neutral switch (gear selector) too. Will fit it next week and let u know how I go.
You are the only one I could find that has the same fault which I thought was strange considering the auto transmission is know for babe issues.
Fingers crossed it’s a simple switch replacement 👍🏼

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve ordered a new park/neutral switch (gear selector) too. Will fit it next week and let u know how I go.
You are the only one I could find that has the same fault which I thought was strange considering the auto transmission is know for babe issues.
Fingers crossed it’s a simple switch replacement 👍🏼
hi, sorry for the late reply, but the car is still in the workshop. According to the mechanic its the gear selector switch. According to him its in the gearbox itself (I initially thought it was the gear selector). Had to order the part as it wasn't available. I will be getting back the car next week and will post an update.
How did u go with your car?
I replaced the switch today and the fault is still there! 🙁 have u had any luck fixing yours?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts