Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the group.

I have a 2011 Cruze, 1.8L,

code P2078 - Intake Manifold Tuning Control Valve Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage

I've been working on the intake manifold, recently replaced the little runner arm that is notoriously known to fall off, thinking this would fix my issue, to no avail. Then I decided to check voltage, and ohm, and ground on all wires to the sensor, and all is fine.

But I did notice something that does seem strange. Upon removing the sensor, I noticed the little **lever is moving freely. I seen some people say that theirs wouldn't move and would be stuck in one position until you turn the car on and the computer moves it, mine has no resistance and I can spin in all directions. I wonder if this is normal, and would the fix to be just get a new solenoid?

**not my image, just for reference to "lever"

Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Electric blue

·
Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
479 Posts
Hmmm that arm pictured isn't sopposed to move freely as the solenoid is a gear box/servo.

Unfortunately if you can't find a replacement solenoid at a pic and save, the solenoid is only sold with a new intake manifold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm that arm pictured isn't sopposed to move freely as the solenoid is a gear box/servo.

Unfortunately if you can't find a replacement solenoid at a pic and save, the solenoid is only sold with a new intake manifold.
Fixed it, turned out to be a corrosion on Heater Control pigtail, it shares same circuit with Intake Manifold. Changed the pigtail and intake arm moved like it’s supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts