Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Hey guys. So on Wednesday during the blizzard in the Midwest region, my 2012 Cruze Eco MT check engine light came on. Soon after, three messages showed up on the DIC: Service stabilitrac, service traction control, and engine power reduced. I shut the car off, turned it back on, and the engine went back to normal power mode. However, the check engine light persisted. The code it is throwing is P2135, which is throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this code, or the related symptoms, and how I would go about resolving this.

Upon startup, the car starts fine, but after about five minutes switches to engine power reduced mode. Also, the temperature here is 15 degrees F.

Thanks.
All your symptoms combined with the weather point toward either weak battery or defective negative battery cable. Either condition more often than not is remedied by replacement of one or both items. The negative battery cable has a Special Coverage here http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

A lot of folks up North and in the Midwest/East have been reporting similar issues due to the cold.

Reactions: MRO1791
1 - 1 of 1 Posts