Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well we recently had to put on a new catalytic converter and turbo w/exhaust manifold (Dorman brand). First catalytic convert was not OEM and it kept throwing a P0420 code until we replaced it with a OEM catalytic convert. NO more P0420 but we now have a P2261. Its been back to the shop once for the P2261 and we had a couple loose nut/bolts from install and they did something else but forgot what it was. Well its going back into the shop tomorrow for the P2261. I do know for sure they did not replace the two oil lines on the turbo. Checking the air filter when I get home to see if its dirty or not. Just lost as what to do if it keeps coming back. Don't think the ECM has had an update or not (if that would even help or not). They also checked for vacuum leaks and found none.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well car is staying overnight to see if what they did work and they do a drive cycle on it. The last time in I think they put a new bypass selenoid on it to see if that did it. But what they said now making me guess or just could be I do no know what is inside the intake manifold. They said something about a VACCUM BALL that was loose near the bypass selenoid and they tightened it up. They just want to make sure that is the what might be causing the P2261 before they do a warranty claim. GM TURBO will be put on if this last fix does not fix the problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE from 7-28-21: dropped car off on the 27th. They REPLACED VACCUM BALL IN INTAKE MANIFOLD BEHIND TURBO BYPASS SOLENOID VALVE. They drove it around some on the 27th and 28th and said its good to go. So picked it up and as I was going up hill and gave it some gas, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT comes back on. Back to shop today the 29th. I wish they do a warranty on this turbo and replace it with a GM one. Tired of bringing it back and fourth to the shop.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE from 7-29-21: Dropped car back off at shop. They tried but exhausted all thoughts on what was the problem. At first he wanted me to split the cost from the aftermarket turbo w/exhaust manifold to GM OEM one. When I picked up car yesterday, he said he would cover the difference for it since I been dropping it off so much for turbo code P2261. So it goes back middle of next week and will give up of OEM turbo then. They now refuse to do any work on Chevy Cruze and refer to customer that they would need to go to dealership.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE from 8-6-21: A factory GM turbo was put on this past Friday and so far everything is good. No light as of now but since school has started in TN. The car will be driven alot now.

Registered
UPDATE from 8-6-21: A factory GM turbo was put on this past Friday and so far everything is good. No light as of now but since school has started in TN. The car will be driven alot now.
I put a Dorman Turbo in my 2014 Chevy Cruze lt, picked it up today and code came on p2261, you think it鈥檚 just because it鈥檚 an aftermarket turbo ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts