Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the first deep clean of the year and as I was wiping down the trunk lid, I noticed this extra small paint bubble. In case you can't tell, it's between the trunk lid and the plastic wing tip, lip, thing, what ever you want to call it. There's a few paint chips in the seam, nothing major. The one seen in the photo is the only one bubbling. Anyone have this happen?

Obviously this is only going to get worse. Does the fabric trunk lid liner just pull away to expose plastic clips that I can push out to remove the plastic lip? I'd like to tend to the paint chips as soon as I can, but don't want to make it worse if removing this lip is a bad idea.

Thanks.

paint_bubble.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Spoilers are usually put on by the dealership. Some are a combination of clips and bolts. My guess is that its coming from the center bolt. The area underneath is probably much worse. For a gen 1 there are 2 7mm for the handle, the rubber bumpers I believe slide and come off. Then there a various push pins that hold up that trunk lid mat. The safely pull, stays and you can feed it through the mat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts