Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone is experiencing paint chipping in the area of the rear doors - to - rear wheel openings. I've got the 17in wheels and do alot of freeway driving. Even with the "factory" mudflaps - the paint chips seem to continuing. I may have to consider adding some 3M clear film to the area. Any other good ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
NOTE TO NEW CRUZE OWNERS:

Do yourselves a favor and get some Paint Protection Film (Clearshield, 3M, Liumar) installed just ahead of the rear wheels where the body work "flares" out. This area, by design, will be blasted by whatever is kicked up by the front tires. The effect will be worse the farther North you live when dealing with road salt and sand applied in the winter months.

It can't hurt to do the front of the car either, just in the wallet...

EDIT: Also, be sure to tell your dealer about this too. It seems some have had this repaired free of charge, and the more often this happens the more likely GM will apply PPF at the factory to eliminate the issue.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Do yourselves a favor and get some Paint Protection Film (Clearshield, 3M, Liumar) installed just ahead of the rear wheels where the body work "flares" out. This area, by design, will be blasted by whatever is kicked up by the front tires. The effect will be worse the farther North you live when dealing with road salt and sand applied in the winter months.

It can't hurt to do the front of the car either, just in the wallet...

EDIT: Also, be sure to tell your dealer about this too. It seems some have had this repaired free of charge, and the more often this happens the more likely GM will apply PPF at the factory to eliminate the issue.

I am getting a quote for some paint protection film today....I think it would be benficial to have a picture of where the film should be applied as I think I know where it needs to go, but I am not quite sure

any help is appreciated,

·
Registered
516 Posts

Do yourselves a favor and get some Paint Protection Film (Clearshield, 3M, Liumar)
Where do you buy this? A few years back before I knew it had a name or that it existed, I shopped around for this just based on concept asking around for it by descrption. Both the dealer and aftermarket parts shop could not help me out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Where do you buy this? A few years back before I knew it had a name or that it existed, I shopped around for this just based on concept asking around for it by descrption. Both the dealer and aftermarket parts shop could not help me out.
Most places that tint windows also do the clear film

Ask for rockguard most people should know what you are talking about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts