Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have access to the cars door panel pint code, I'd hate to pay to get into a scrap yard too look at a sticker, I'm looking for the paint code for a 2011 "silver ice metallic"

I've found this but it also comes up as "switchblade silver metallic" which appear darker. Also some of the paint codes have GAN in front and some have R at the end and some don't so I wanna make sure I get the code perfect, as it's on the hood very noticeable. Thanks for any input!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
I can tell you that the paint code for my Pull Me Over Red 2014 is the same paint color as a Red Hot Cruze. I would not be surprised if this were the case for the silver. At first I thought someone just made a mistake on my color description, but it is in the official Chevy documentation.

So far, like you, this is all I can find:

Blade Silver Metallic
Color Code: 17U/WA636R/GAN

Midnight Silver Metallic (wheel)
Color Code: WA263M

I did find a car dealer that lists it as Silver Ice Metallic.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you that the paint code for my Pull Me Over Red 2014 is the same paint color as a Red Hot Cruze. I would not be surprised if this were the case for the silver. At first I thought someone just made a mistake on my color description, but it is in the official Chevy documentation.

So far, like you, this is all I can find:

Blade Silver Metallic
Color Code: 17U/WA636R/GAN

Midnight Silver Metallic (wheel)
Color Code: WA263M

I did find a car dealer that lists it as Silver Ice Metallic.
I appreciate the search, my car and a touch up pen I got with it both said "silver ice metallic" I know GM has a million and a half silvers so I wanna make sure it's perfect being on the hood, it'll be so obvious if it's off a shade!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I only see one Silver for 2011

Silver Chevrolets at PaintRef.com

[SIZE=+2]2011[/SIZE]Switchblade Silver17,GANWA636R

[SIZE=+2][FONT=&quot]GM code WA636R - silver gray[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=&quot]This silver gray automotive paint color is most commonly known as Silver Ice. Other common color promotional names include Quicksilver, Switchblade Silver, Radiant Silver, Blade Silver, and Switchblade SIlver. The color formulation has been used between 2009 and 2017, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Buick, Equinox, Malibu, Corvette, LaCrosse, Cadillac, Traverse, Enclave, Impala, Chevy Truck, SRX, Terrain, Chevrolet, Spark, Acadia, Camaro, GMC, CTS, Volt, Aveo, Cruze, Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Verano, Captiva, Regal, Sonic, Trax, Escalade, Express, Encore, ATS, Colorado, SS, XTS, Savana, Caprice, Canyon, STS, DTS, Lucerne, HHR, Pontiac, Hummer, Avalanche, Saturn, G6, XLR, G5, ELR, G3, Orlando, Bolt, Trailblazer, Matiz, Tornado, G8, Allure, CT6, Cobalt, and Torrent. See the full detailed list below. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]GM paint manufacturing codes come in two forms, the short 1 to 3 digit model/year code which changes frequently; and beginning in the 1960's a longer 4 digit code which starts with the letters "WA" or "WE". Sometimes called "Fisher Paint codes"; codes beginning with WA are production paints, WE are commercial or special order paints with codes typically starting with '5' (i.e. [/FONT]WE5xxx[FONT=&quot]). Starting in 1994, GM began using a letter as the last digit for all new WA paint codes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Variations of the exterior paint code WA636R, which may appear on body data tags include: 636R, U636R, and L636R (the prefix U for upper body, or L for lower body). Location of the GM paint code plate varies depending on the year and model of the vehicle common places are on the top or near the top of the back [/FONT]engine compartment shroud panel[FONT=&quot] just behind the steering wheel, [/FONT]hinge pillar[FONT=&quot] of the driver's side door, [/FONT]trunk or rear hatch[FONT=&quot], side of door, [/FONT]glove compartment[FONT=&quot], or [/FONT]behind the driver's seat[FONT=&quot]. Check for either the short year/make/model paint code or the longer manufacturing (Fisher) paint code.[/FONT]

[SIZE=+1]Example of the color GM WA636R[/SIZE]
See more information on GM code WA636R

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,374 Posts
I appreciate the search, my car and a touch up pen I got with it both said "silver ice metallic" I know GM has a million and a half silvers so I wanna make sure it's perfect being on the hood, it'll be so obvious if it's off a shade!

Ahh Yup - and here they are!

a million and a half silvers

And here is the dual paint names on the same chip sheet.

Text Font Material property

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahh Yup - and here they are!

a million and a half silvers
LMFAO that's funny
I only see one Silver for 2011

Silver Chevrolets at PaintRef.com

[SIZE=+2]2011[/SIZE]Switchblade Silver17,GANWA636R

[SIZE=+2][FONT=&quot]GM code WA636R - silver gray[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=&quot]This silver gray automotive paint color is most commonly known as Silver Ice. Other common color promotional names include Quicksilver, Switchblade Silver, Radiant Silver, Blade Silver, and Switchblade SIlver. The color formulation has been used between 2009 and 2017, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Buick, Equinox, Malibu, Corvette, LaCrosse, Cadillac, Traverse, Enclave, Impala, Chevy Truck, SRX, Terrain, Chevrolet, Spark, Acadia, Camaro, GMC, CTS, Volt, Aveo, Cruze, Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Verano, Captiva, Regal, Sonic, Trax, Escalade, Express, Encore, ATS, Colorado, SS, XTS, Savana, Caprice, Canyon, STS, DTS, Lucerne, HHR, Pontiac, Hummer, Avalanche, Saturn, G6, XLR, G5, ELR, G3, Orlando, Bolt, Trailblazer, Matiz, Tornado, G8, Allure, CT6, Cobalt, and Torrent. See the full detailed list below. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]GM paint manufacturing codes come in two forms, the short 1 to 3 digit model/year code which changes frequently; and beginning in the 1960's a longer 4 digit code which starts with the letters "WA" or "WE". Sometimes called "Fisher Paint codes"; codes beginning with WA are production paints, WE are commercial or special order paints with codes typically starting with '5' (i.e. [/FONT]WE5xxx[FONT=&quot]). Starting in 1994, GM began using a letter as the last digit for all new WA paint codes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Variations of the exterior paint code WA636R, which may appear on body data tags include: 636R, U636R, and L636R (the prefix U for upper body, or L for lower body). Location of the GM paint code plate varies depending on the year and model of the vehicle common places are on the top or near the top of the back [/FONT]engine compartment shroud panel[FONT=&quot] just behind the steering wheel, [/FONT]hinge pillar[FONT=&quot] of the driver's side door, [/FONT]trunk or rear hatch[FONT=&quot], side of door, [/FONT]glove compartment[FONT=&quot], or [/FONT]behind the driver's seat[FONT=&quot]. Check for either the short year/make/model paint code or the longer manufacturing (Fisher) paint code.[/FONT]

[SIZE=+1]Example of the color GM WA636R[/SIZE]
See more information on GM code WA636R
Thank you so much, I'll order the paint asap, I can't thank you enough for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.