Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 cruse and the paint on the hood faded pretty bad about 2 years ago. The roof and trunk are fine. Anyone else having this issue? Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Never. Is this something a detailer can fix?
I can't say a detailer could do it, but you might find a car guy who will do it for quite a bit less than a big shop.

If the only issue is paint fade, and no dents need repair, it's not a huge project. Mask, sand, prime, sand, paint, clear coat. Sombody can do that in a couple hours (plus curing time). And any paint shop that carries automotive paints should be able to match it.

Doug

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
I can't say a detailer could do it, but you might find a car guy who will do it for quite a bit less than a big shop.

If the only issue is paint fade, and no dents need repair, it's not a huge project. Mask, sand, prime, sand, paint, clear coat. Sombody can do that in a couple hours (plus curing time). And any paint shop that carries automotive paints should be able to match it.

Doug

Just judging from the photo, I would have the hood detailed prior to having it painted. It may be just dirt, oxides etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts