Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I had fine scratches on my car and stupidly decided to treat them with brake oil ( I heard that somewhere), now the scratches are as it is but the paint has patches where the brake oil was put, I think its the clear coat that's gone, any ideas or product to deal with it ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How did you get the scratches ?? That paint is SOFT .. Iwould like to find out how to repair scratches too..
Also the rear quarterpanel is flaking off because the door is set infrom the panel , the leading edge gets abraded from crap thrown up from the front tires ..
I'm in the process of getting them to fix that ...

·
Registered
146 Posts
How did you get the scratches ?? That paint is SOFT .. Iwould like to find out how to repair scratches too..
Also the rear quarterpanel is flaking off because the door is set infrom the panel , the leading edge gets abraded from crap thrown up from the front tires ..
I'm in the process of getting them to fix that ...
There is a TSB on that quarter panel issue. Go make your dealership repair it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yep I am in the process of getting that quarterpanel flaking fixed.. Was told that "Enviromental " damage isn't covered by warrenty .. Normal hyway driving ??
I do have a BIG COMPLAINT about that paint .. It is SOFT ,Scratches WAY to easilly .. I just finnished washing my car and for having 30,000 miles on it ,there ar too many little scratches and dings on it .. The paint needs to br hardened up ALOT...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.