Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I noticed a chip in my paint probly from a rock or something so I bought a paint pen and attempted to fill it in. What I did was put to much paint so I attempted to sand down the excess. What I did though was accidentally sanded some of the paint around the chip! What should I do to fix this!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Go to see a professional. They always make it look easy - but when you try yourself it's not as easy as it looks.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Paint pens usually are terrible, Paint markers (more like a Sharpie) are always better. Regardless sanding your CRUZE was a pretty bad idea. It is amazing what a body shop can do by buffing out the damage without repainting!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Probably go to a body shop at this point to at least get an opinion.

Dr. Colorchip can produce decent results that are better than most touch-up paints, supposedly good enough to polish on when done correctly (touch up usually flies right off). I have been debating whether to try it myself after getting blasted by rock salt awhile back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also suggest using touch up paint, but if you are not comfortable using this DIY method, a local bodyshop can help you. I'm sure it will not be expensive to fix a small chip.

·
10,712 Posts
Body shop as stated above. If you attempted to sand then its assumed to be too large an area to touch up pen/marker/brush/spray at this point. I attempted to brush a 4 X 6 area and lucked up a bit. Bumper is already fubar but it's not as bad as it looked before. I still say just go to a shop and see what they did to other customers cars. Last shop that did mine literally mixed the flake wrong to the point a few members could literally see exactly where they started and stopped the blend process.

·
10,712 Posts
I guess a picture would help us see what all is done. I lucked out with rubbing alcohol on a microfiber for over application of paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts