Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been active on here for the better part of a year so I thought I'd share an update. Me and my dad recently painted my wheels black. We scuffed them up a bit, de-greased them, and sprayed on some Bulldog adhesive promoter. Then it was 3 coats of GM Camaro Black followed by 2 clear coats. They came out looking amazing and it really makes the factory rims stand out. It looks more worthy of those RS badges. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Chase

Tire Automotive tire Cactus Auto part Automotive wheel system
Tire Rim Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
93 Posts
wow nice job looks really good! liking the gloss

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I haven't been active on here for the better part of a year so I thought I'd share an update. Me and my dad recently painted my wheels black. We scuffed them up a bit, de-greased them, and sprayed on some Bulldog adhesive promoter. Then it was 3 coats of GM Camaro Black followed by 2 clear coats. They came out looking amazing and it really makes the factory rims stand out. It looks more worthy of those RS badges. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Chase

View attachment 157706 View attachment 157714 View attachment 157722 View attachment 157730 View attachment 157738 View attachment 157746
Chase, looks great! I am actually wondering how you painted the components in the engine compartment, I am thinking of doing something similar but don't really know how.

Edit: Just saw your profile pic and wanted to thank you for your service!

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
I'm normally not a fan of painted wheels - but those really look good!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Chase, looks great! I am actually wondering how you painted the components in the engine compartment, I am thinking of doing something similar but don't really know how.

Edit: Just saw your profile pic and wanted to thank you for your service!
+ 1

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engine components are too easy guys:

-Remove components you wish to paint

-Degrease components w/dish soap & water/ dry

-Use high-temp enamel paint (I use VHT) I put about 3-4 coats, allowing about 20min between (it was 104 outside in FL so dry time may vary)

-Replace pats carefully, and enjoy

+ clear coat for gloss or (VHT has clear enamel paint)

-Replace Components, and enjoy!

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.