Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just coming around to do this but I painted my hubcaps black in tell I get new rims. I did this about 4 months ago and they held up really well. so im making a thread to show everyone.

1 take the hubcap off the car and turn it around to see the other side. look for the 2 pins and pust them together to release the gold chevy sign. 2 take the plastic cover bolt of the hubcap by pushing them. 3. Grab the paint and paint really easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Plastidip needs to be sprayed on thick. Otherwise it won't peel off. Not too thick to cause runs but definetly need multiple layers. They look good though...for hubcaps :clap:

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Plastidip needs to be sprayed on thick. Otherwise it won't peel off. Not too thick to cause runs but definetly need multiple layers. They look good though...for hubcaps :clap:
It wasn't plastidip. It was rustoleum for plastic.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It wasn't plastidip. It was rustoleum for plastic.
So it is :uhh:
I didn't open the picture lol. Guess I should've known since plastidip is a blue can. Thought Rustoleum made their own version though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes. looks awesome for hubcaps! i might have to do it

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
I would never paint my hubcaps lol. Im hoping to hit every bonus the couple of months ahead and get me a nice set. Black on Black cruze all day.

You will look freaking sweet with black rims btw. :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm also trying to get black rims in a couple months I hope sooner!! VGT. I don't know they made tape like that pretty cool but no I didn't use electrical tape

1 - 14 of 14 Posts