Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will we need a more 'aggressive' tune for autocross? Will we be able to get a race tune and a daily driver tune to change for track days if we have the elite tune?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just wonder how the squishy wonky pedal feel will translate thru the cones... Maybe race isn't the word I'm looking for... I was enjoying the nice weather today in the twisty backroads and I kept hitting that point between eco and performance and it got me to wondering how it will go on the track.

·
10,712 Posts
PAL deals with how you apply pedal. if you slowly apply you can literally rev 4-5 k and not "awake PAL" but it talks some time to get used to it. I only see PAL as an issue if you are running eco tires and its one of those snow autocrosses over in PA. My worst autocross was in a rock and pot hole parking lot in Ft Washington, Maryland. I believe that's where Rosecroft Raceway is. The legit Auto X course was the lot of Fed EX Field.

As for race tune, you have no clue what extra HP is left out there till you pick a vendor and tune these cars. can't speak for the 1.8 crowd but someone will.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno how my calibration will react as it is now, about half pedal pressure is where performance seems to kick in. If I could get two calibrations, one the way it came initally, and one modified the way it is now, I would love to give both a try and record time differences for both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.