Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Pandora via bluetooth

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hydrasport 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 cruze with 7" nav and touchscreen. We have purchased 2 new phones and would like to listen to Pandora. Our XM subsription has expired and I don't want to pay $200 a year. Pandora seems like a good option and we were told at the time of sale of the car that the car will play Pandora. We were not that interested in that program due to the XM being already paid for the year.
I tried to hook up 2 different phones, a droid and an ipod today. Neither would play via the usb plug in the console.
I would like to hook up Pandora via bluetooth, but that is not working. I have searched the forum for information on how to bluetooth a phone to the radio. I just called the GM infotainment help line and was told that the 2012 Cruze has "No bluetooth for audio, phone only". I was also told that the usb plug would not allow transfer of music from a cell phone, only an ipod or other mp3 music device. (My ipod will not connect to Pandora, the GM rep did not seem to realize that. Nor will any ipod).
The GM rep stated that I could purchase a newer Cruze that has Pandora already in the entertainment system. I did not think that was funny.
Can any one here help walk me through the steps of using a new cell phone to connect via bluetooth or even a better way of listening to Pandora other than a 3.5 cable through the external speaker jack?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the link. I'm not going to add any mods to this car right now. If I have as much trouble getting the sticky steering issue resolved as I had with the brake booster switch recall, I will fix the Cruze by getting another model car. And likely not a GM.
I tried the 3.5 plug and all I got was a knocking sound out the speakers.

#4 ·
Hydrasport, I'm not sure the Bluetooth PDIM will work in your car. Before spending money on it you need to open up the car to see if you have an existing PDIM in the car.

#5 ·
I've ordered a 3.5 mm audio cable with a charger cable attached. I'll just use that for now. I found that the 3.5 mm cable can have 2, 3 or 4 contact surfaces on the pin. Couldn't find any specs on the car aux plug or specs on the smartphones so i ordered the standard 3 contact pin. I did get an old audio cable to work the other night so maybe a new cable will make better contact as the old cable had trouble making contact in the phone jack. Sound should be good enough and the steering wheel controls will control the volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.