Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
You can get XM for about $5 a month through trials. Whenever the trial is up say you don't want to renew and they give the service away for cheap.

Beware that by taking a trial they sign you up for auto-renewal at full price, and don't really tell you.

I cancelled mine yesterday because of it. I like the service, but their business practices are sketchy, so i won't support them.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Their business services are REAL sketchy.

Have you heard of Spotify? I use this now $10 a month, and i can listen to ANY song i want, i create my own playlist, or it acts like Pandora, but with no commercials and it is more spot on with the radio.

I have XM right now for free for a year on the car i have now, but even then Spotify is better lol.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
If you do not have a smartphone or share data on your smartphone plan, XM is nice since it does not use data. I also like some of the perspectives offered on some of the talk channels, since they are not constrained by selling advertising like traditional radio.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've never found the sounds quality of music over Bluetooth or streaming through apps like Pandora good enough for me to use them often (and certainly not to pay for them). I stick to the old fashion MP3 over USB, but that's just me:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got XM renewed for $25 for 6 mos. I use standard free Pandora, as well, so kinda feel like I get the best of both worlds for a very low price. When the 6 mos is up, I'll threaten to cancel, and get another 6 mos for the same price. <$5 per month is worth it to have the choices.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts