Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up over the winter for a song. 1.8 that was leaking at every orifice. Joined here and realized there is plenty of fun to be had with it. Been wanting to go Autocross and road rally racing for a longtime and figured I’d put this together for that. Definitely not gonna set any records but should handle well enough to have some amateur fun. I’ll start with what I drug home and add posts as I go.
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After taking care of all of the leaks and a few other items it was time to move on to the interior. Pulled out the gray insert interior, cleaned the carpets and other pieces and replaced it all with an all black interior I sourced for less than $150 at a local salvage yard. Also put a Camaro ZL1 steering wheel in at this point.sorry pictures are mixed up.

Vehicle Car Plant Window Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Comfort Grey Asphalt Tints and shades

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Speedometer Steering wheel Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

Vehicle Shoe Motor vehicle Car Hood

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First suspension and handling upgrade was the Ultra Racing rear upper brace. As one who has driven the jankiest of the hoopties up to some of the most well prepared track cars over the years, I couldn’t believe the difference just this bar made and it solidified my decision to have some fun with this car in regards to sinking a little money in it for a budget friendly local Autocross platform.
Hand Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some silly reason I decided to make some export style taillights inspired by the sn95 mustang exports and the Toyota cavalier taillights I used to help people source back when I worked in the auto parts industry many moons ago. Not entirely in love with them but I don’t hate them.
Car Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Land vehicle

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another salvage yard find was black moldings. I’ve never been a fan of chrome so I was thrilled to find these. Out of 4 different day trips to 2-3 yards each this was the only set I found.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which brings me to the most recent updates. It’s under the knife in my garage. It seems my suspension has gone missing. Installing a pile of parts I’ve been collecting since I got the car. Discovered a torn up boot and dry joint in the process so replacing that as well.
Automotive tire Wood Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Asphalt Art Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Hood

Shoe Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wood Plumbing valve Gas Engineering Tool

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely will revisit that after getting to look into the oil consumption issue. Gonna top it off and check every few days while using it as the daily. Will average about 100 miles a day. So that should help knock it out fast. I’m 99% sure it was full when I did the oil cooler and was down 1.5 qts in 800 miles.

· The Nuclear Option
5,889 Posts
Definitely will revisit that after getting to look into the oil consumption issue. Gonna top it off and check every few days while using it as the daily. Will average about 100 miles a day. So that should help knock it out fast. I’m 99% sure it was full when I did the oil cooler and was down 1.5 qts in 800 miles.
That's considerable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.