Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2016 Gen 2 Cruze that I purchased new. The very first time I set the parking brake, the cheap rubber pedal cover twisted and broke apart. See attached pic. Has this happened to anyone else? Very disappointing to see such a cheap piece on an otherwise great car.

Attachments

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I have a 2026 Gen 2 Cruze that I purchased new. The very first time I set the parking brake, the cheap rubber pedal cover twisted and broke apart. See attached pic. Has this happened to anyone else? Very disappointing to see such a cheap piece on an otherwise great car.
Hey jamc204,

Our team would be glad to assist with connecting you with your Chevrolet dealership to have them diagnose this concern and provide you with a recommended resolution. If this is of interest, please provide your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of the Chevrolet dealership that you would like to work with. Feel free to include in your message any questions that you may have. We're always glad to be of assistance.
To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit Privacy Statement | GM.com

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine did this, I pick up the replacement tomorrow. Its from my big foot slipping off and the white lettering is stiff and hard square and slides to inside while the rubber edge stays.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This happened to mine, too. Dealer said it's not a warranty part as it's "consumable." It's just a rubber cover, can't cost more than a couple of bucks, but they couldn't be bothered.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
This happened to mine, too. Dealer said it's not a warranty part as it's "consumable." It's just a rubber cover, can't cost more than a couple of bucks, but they couldn't be bothered.
Bumper to Bumper is just that with exception to tires and brakes (consumables).

Your dealer is a lazy (doesn't want to take the two minutes to send in a warranty claim) stroke (my opinion).
A response like that shows what a classy operation that dealer is.

The only item that is considered consumable but has a warranty is the wiper blades.....they are 12months/12000 miles.

Rob

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha,wasn't aware it was moved back to the floor, my old Buick's and Cadillac's were this way. Had a vacuum release, when you took it our of park, that pedal would snap back up. Used the same vacuum for the heater controls, if that vacuum release leaked, would be stuck in defrost only.

Ha, wonder if that pedal cover was made in China, use to be bullet proof.

·
10,713 Posts
Ha,wasn't aware it was moved back to the floor, my old Buick's and Cadillac's were this way. Had a vacuum release, when you took it our of park, that pedal would snap back up. Used the same vacuum for the heater controls, if that vacuum release leaked, would be stuck in defrost only.

Ha, wonder if that pedal cover was made in China, use to be bullet proof.
Floor for auto then back on console for manual.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet Cruze LT
8 Posts
I have a 2016 Gen 2 Cruze that I purchased new. The very first time I set the parking brake, the cheap rubber pedal cover twisted and broke apart. See attached pic. Has this happened to anyone else? Very disappointing to see such a cheap piece on an otherwise great car.
Found this. I also have that problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts