Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we all have a hand parking/emergency brake. i always use it when parked as a precaution and to keep the cable from freezing due to no use. Now my girlfriend drove the car and she for like around the corner forgot i leave it up.... now i get its not a hard brake but all and i mean all my cars when the e brake was up it would lock the rear wheels. my 85 318i, my Chevy conversion van, my Toyota pickup. i thought factory adjustment was so it would lock the rear wheel at about 5-6 click

·
Registered
533 Posts
They're adjusted pretty badly. It takes a lot of force in these to lock the rear wheel. But she should've noticed the annoying dinging once she started moving?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I've never been in a car where it locks the rear wheels when you try to drive away, but I've left it up by accident a few times when I first started using it in my new Cruze but immediately noticed it and took it off. Not only does it cause significant drag and doesn't start to roll when you let off the brake pedal, but the car beeps at you and has a warning light. How could she have possibly missed this?

·
2,168 Posts
Haha, I have forgotten to put the e-brake back down too. But like everyone else, well MOST everyone, I noticed immediately, due to the drag and bonging information center.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine doesn't move at all, when the ebrake is applied. My girl's Kia on the other hand.....

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She noticed and around the corner for us is like 25 feet so then she said "hmmm whys the car not driving well?" she looked and put it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts