Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 cruze diesel. The owners manual says to turn the light switch to "Parking Lamps" and all lamps will come on except the headlamps. When I put the switch to "Parking Lamps", the only lights that come on are the DRL LEDs. My turn signals work fine, The lamps light up when I lock/unlock the car. The parking lamps just do not come on...??? Is this right..??

Thanks,
Stoner

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
When I put the switch to "Parking Lamps", the only lights that come on are the DRL LEDs.
That sounds like the auto position in daylight.

Try turning the knob one more position to the right. Alternatively, turn it all the way to the right (headlights) and then turn it one position to the left. What happens?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The exact same thing happens. The parking lights do not work. I asked this question on another forum and got a reply that said "The LEDs are the parking Lights", but I don't think so. If this is the way it is designed, well OK. Do yours come on...???

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Do yours come on...???
I have a 2013 - no LED DRLs, it uses the low beam headlights as DRLs. Here's how mine works:

• Off - All off (but the knob is spring loaded to go to Auto when let go.)
  • Auto -
    • If it's been at "off", it remains all-off until the car is re-started.
    • Otherwise: Daylight: DRL's only. Night: same as headlight position.

• Parking - Parking and running lights.
  • Headlights - Headlights, parking lights and running lights.

At this point I suspect you have a defective light switch - effectively you have two auto positions. Super easy to change. Pop the fuse panel door below, push out from behind, unplug and replace, push back in.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I think you should stop by any dealer and see how other 2015's behave.

The 2015 is the first year with those LED strips......and the first to use them as the DRL's......always been the low beam lamps on previous years.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think you should stop by any dealer and see how other 2015's behave.
And in the process show the service department that your car isn't working like the others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone confirmed if this is a bad switch? I test drive a '15 last night and the same thing. The park lights do not come on. Not even with the headlights on auto or manual setting. When putting on park lights only just the LED DRL is on. If there a fix? Would like to know before I buy

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
At this point I don't think it's a malfunction - just a odd design. The '15 doesn't have parking lights - just DRLs that meet the legal obligation. I suspect what the designers did was move the old parking light circuit to the DRLs and do a minor re-program of the BCM.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would make sense why multiple people have no park lights. I just find it completely strange that they don't even come on when the headlights are on.

Thanks

·
10,712 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread. The corner lights for LED DRL equipt 2015/16 limited Cruze do not come on at all except to signal. The LED DRL replaces the park feature at night making them redundant. If you see a 15/16 limited with functional corner lights it's a L/LS trim w/o LED DRL like pictured below.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, too have this same problem with my wife's 2015 2LT RS. I replaced the bulbs today thinking that both of the lower-wattage filaments must have burned out. (the turn signals still worked) After installing new bulbs the result was the same. Then I looked closer at the wiring and noticed only two wires connected from the harness to each of the bulb sockets. So the sockets take 2-way bulbs but are only wired for the turn signals. I guess the lower amber lights on the bumper cover are the parking lights now along with the LED DRLs.
It appears that the older models used 2-way bulbs and the lower-wattage filaments were the parking lights and the higher-wattage filaments were the turn signals. Then when they went to the LED DRLs they kept the same bulb but eliminated one of the wires.
Oh well, at least I have two spares now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts