Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that If the exhaust temp sensor is in expensive and avalible I'll just replace it my self. Instead of taking it to the dealer, waiting 1-3 days, then possibly wait weeks for the part, take it back and wait a day or two to fix. If Im looking at the right part online its less than $100. I'll check with the local dealer to.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I'm thinking that If the exhaust temp sensor is in expensive and avalible I'll just replace it my self. Instead of taking it to the dealer, waiting 1-3 days, then possibly wait weeks for the part, take it back and wait a day or two to fix. If Im looking at the right part online its less than $100. I'll check with the local dealer to.
I had mine replaced May of 2014 with p/n 55581035 and it's been fine since. Approaching 100K on the replacement without issue.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Your car is under bumper to bumper warranty still, let Chevrolet dealer repair your car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your car is under bumper to bumper warranty still, let Chevrolet dealer repair your car.
I would likely need to rent a car while they work on it and, that could be more than the parts cost. Also... as a former GM Tech, its hard to let go and trust others with your car. Especialy when you know what tends to go on at a dealership. (for example, the Oil used for the recent service performed before I bought the car. Regular Dexos1 gasoline oil was used insted of Dexos2)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!!! EGT sensor 2 is $44 dolars! hahahah. I'm going to repalce it my self. All I need is a wrench.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see why the number 2 might fail more than the other two. its located in the DPF/converter assembly right in the middle of the two and likely runs real hot.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I can see why the number 2 might fail more than the other two. its located in the DPF/converter assembly right in the middle of the two and likely runs real hot.
I am going to have to retrace my steps on this, but when I looked under my car shortly after they replaced the sensor, it looked like the new sensor was at the rear of the car. Could just be a coincidence. I don't always pay attention to the details.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,120 Posts
I am going to have to retrace my steps on this, but when I looked under my car shortly after they replaced the sensor, it looked like the new sensor was at the rear of the car. Could just be a coincidence. I don't always pay attention to the details.
If it was downstream on the exhaust, down by the DEF injector, it's #3. 1 and 2 are both attached to locations on the DPF assembly.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I thought yours was #3 at the time , mine was #2 with the speed reduction.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If it was downstream on the exhaust, down by the DEF injector, it's #3. 1 and 2 are both attached to locations on the DPF assembly.
That jives with what I saw, but here was my RO that says #2. Guess they got it wrong on the RO. Thanks for clearing that up!

Text Document Paper Font Receipt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had mine replaced May of 2014 with p/n 55581035 and it's been fine since. Approaching 100K on the replacement without issue.
That is the correct part number for the number 2 EGT sensor. I just replaced mine under warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I drove 1000 miles with the issue before I had mine replaced. No change to drivability.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts