Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else jammed up waiting for parts? I recently got in a front end accident and my car is sitting waiting for the "bumper apron" which is on backorder with no ETA. I had to wait awhile just for the shop to get the front fender and headlight.

I opened a case with Chevrolet to try to expedite the part as my rental time is running out and can't be extended anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Same here. Valve cover gasket was leaking and under warranty. Took them 4 days to get the gasket and 12 days to get the bolts for it. Service guy said there wasn't any in a 500 mile radius and couldn't give me an ETA

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
They're likely still catching up from the strike.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have been waiting for a part on back order for over a month with no eta as well. Fortunately it is not keeping me off the road.
I am sure the lingering effects of the strike are partly to blame.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chevrolet called me, parts have now been changed to bumper cover and drivers side front rail. They themselves have no ETA.

How the hell can you not have bumper covers for a car? It has to be one of the most replaced body items! Whatever you guys do, don't hit the front end of your Cruze anytime in the next few months.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
How the hell can you not have bumper covers for a car? It has to be one of the most replaced body items! Whatever you guys do, don't hit the front end of your Cruze anytime in the next few months.
Because a strike means they can't get made and/or delivered anywhere...?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because a strike means they can't get made and/or delivered anywhere...?
It's something I kinda figured would be stocked up and not need to be manufactured. It's not some really strange body brace, or an entire roof.

I get what the strike means, and followed it myself.

Right now it means I'm about to be without a car over a bumper cover and front rail that have been on order for three weeks.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,594 Posts
Unfortunately this seems to be the story for everyone right now. Especially the Gen 1's where several parts were also being redesigned when the strike hit.

Glad mine's not broken at the moment. Sucks for those that are, unless they really like their loaner cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest I would be fine if I had a loaner, or a rental that ran for an unknown amount of time. GM does not want to talk about loaners at all. I imagine no one has any at this point anyways to give.

Might be some smoking deals on over mileage loaners though soon.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
You can stock up all you want on parts.

There's what. Almost 8 billion people on this planet. No idea on actual GM ownership numbers.

Don't take long to run out of parts when your company is on strike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm just really frustrated at this point. I treat my car well, get in a not at fault accident, and get this dropped on my head.

GM just says dunno, and suck it on a loaner. I've talked to two senior advisors who at this point just call me every two days to say its still on backorder with no ETA. At least put the money and man power into figuring out where these parts are, I mean have a status for people. Waiting is a lot easier if you at least have a clue whats going on. I also need to figure out if I need to pay out of pocket for a rental, or not depending on how long this is going to go on for. I can probably finagle one car for awhile, or that and a combonation of rides, but not for months. That still costs me money because it limits both our level of flexibility at work.

My adjuster is out of options at this point, my last option is to do an aftermarket CAPA bumper cover, but the rail isn't fixable and both my insurance and body shop insist on replacing the front rail with a new unit, not a recycled one. At least the body shop is good, and they have been really friendly. A few problems on the parts end even figured out what was actually on back order for awhile though.

What really burns me too is I'm making a car payment on a car that isn't drive-able either...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any one else jammed up waiting for parts? I recently got in a front end accident and my car is sitting waiting for the "bumper apron" which is on backorder with no ETA. I had to wait awhile just for the shop to get the front fender and headlight.

I opened a case with Chevrolet to try to expedite the part as my rental time is running out and can't be extended anymore.
Well I have you all beat. I have been waiting for a manual transmission for a Gen 2 Diesel. It had started being hard to shift into gear at times and took it in to the dealer in late July. Diagnosis was a replacement transmission. I can still drive it but have to either double clutch or just skip it when needing 5th gear. Its been on back order long before the strike so that excuse shouldn't apply here.

The car has 42k almost all highway so a bit concerning why the trans would bite the dust this early. I am going to push them to replace the clutch under warranty when the transmission actually shows up since the trans has to come out.

Its gotten rather annoying at this point for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have you all beat. I have been waiting for a manual transmission for a Gen 2 Diesel. It had started being hard to shift into gear at times and took it in to the dealer in late July.
I'd have a lawyer at this point, that is insane. Let me guess they consider it drive-able right?

·
Registered
166 Posts
GM just says dunno, and suck it on a loaner. I've talked to two senior advisors who at this point just call me every two days to say its still on backorder with no ETA. At least put the money and man power into figuring out where these parts are, I mean have a status for people. Waiting is a lot easier if you at least have a clue whats going on.
They gave you their best idea of an ETA. GM tells them "When it gets there".

This summer I ordered two shocks through the dealership out of USA (in Canada here). Was told 1-2 weeks. 2 weeks later it was a no show. 3 weeks in I spoke to the parts manager. GM said they shipped it the day after I ordered it. He said give it another week. Week 4 he re-ordered it for me. 3 days later the second order showed up. When I went to pick them up the next day (4th day after the re-order, so roughly 5 weeks later) the first set of shocks showed up.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Recycled??

I'd think if push came to shove. There's plenty of wrecking yard cars by now. Surely some of them were totalled in the back with a good front end still.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Recycled??

I'd think if push came to shove. There's plenty of wrecking yard cars by now. Surely some of them were totalled in the back with a good front end still.
It was recommended to me to avoid that route by both my body shop, and adjuster. Reading between the lines I am assuming by body shop refused to more or less. Same with being adamant about the OE bumper cover unless it was impossible to get. The body shop actually price matched a few items because they wanted to use OE parts over aftermarket. The rail wasn't availble aftermarket as an option, I am assuming because its structural in nature.

The bumper cover "showed up" and the front rail is in a warehouse. They don't know what warehouse, or when it will ship. They literally know that is in a warehouse somewhere and will ship at sometime. I actually said that back to the rep on the phone - she took a minute and said yes, and she knew it sounded silly. She did assure me it is "expedited to the highest level".

I think the issue is parts shipping from vendors don't ever enter GMs tracking or fulfillment systems. Things just seem to appear which is making the whole thing just run blind. It's just a guess but I can't think of anything reason parts just show up.

Hoping they can get the part in before the holiday maybe. They said once they have the rail and cover they need 2 more days with my car. I assume fitting and painting the cover, and fitting the rail. Everything else that could be done with the parts they have is supposedly done at this point.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got another call from Chevrolet today.

Still no idea about the front rail. No ETA, no other information.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It's a GM wide problem that pre-dates the strike. They appear to have tried to cut costs at the expense of an effective logistics supply chain. It's poor customer service after the sale for sure, but to be fair it's not unique to GM. FCA was so horrible about getting steering parts for pickup truck recalls that NHTSA actually ordered them to offer a mass vehicle buyback.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll keep updating the thread.

I starting to lose my patience over this though, being down a car sucks. I was reading about a woman with a CT6 was 9 weeks into waiting, with no end in sight. At least I'm not at that point yet.

I also just spent a month with a dead HMI unit right before this too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rep called again, she said the case was "updated" and they will contact when they have an ETA. She can't see any more into the case, and can't get me in contact with anyone who can because they aren't "customer facing". She made a note for me to get a rental or loaner car, and is going to try to "pull some strings".

This is turning into some really silly business at this point. I feel bad for my rep, she calls me and sounds depressed at this point. I've been nothing but nice, but made it known I am not impressed. We are heading into week 5 waiting for this part now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts