Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dealer gave me a 2020 Malibu LT as a loaner for a week, and then we can "re-assess" whats happening. The guy who got me my rental was shocked how long my car had been in bodyshop. Bodyshop said Chevrolet has been calling daily for updates on the car. They had nothing to offer for information.

I told them as long as "re-assess" means keep the car beyond the week if I need it, we can do whatever you guys want. Personally (and probably paranoid..ly?) I'm guessing the part I need actually needs to be stamped / manufactured still. I was originally told the part was located, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore?

I even suggested taking the front rail off a new car, but I guess they didn't find that helpful. Oh well...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just kidding - they sold the loaner I was in, I had to return it tonight.

Supposedly the part either has shipped, or is ready to ship - which has been the status for weeks now if its "getting ready"

This is almost comical at this point.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just Filed a complaint directly with GM on the back order the replacement manual transmission. So far more of the same - "its on back order with no release date" Its been 6 months so far. I have gotten use to the creative shifting I need to do double cluching 5 gear and sometimes having to skip it and go to 6 gear but my patients is about up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just got my car back yesterday.

43 days since accident, 41 since insurance cut check.

GM is trying to "do something for me". I told them to make my car payment or send me the GMPP exhaust. Press 'F' to doubt that happens though.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just Filed a complaint directly with GM on the back order the replacement manual transmission. So far more of the same - "its on back order with no release date" Its been 6 months so far. I have gotten use to the creative shifting I need to do double cluching 5 gear and sometimes having to skip it and go to 6 gear but my patients is about up.
Have you called and created a case with GM customer assistance yet? Do so if you have not. For some reason the servicing dealers have limited power to resolve issues, but when there is a case, the GM folks seem to have some ability to elevate the priority of issues, which might help resolve the issue on that part. Can't say it will solve it, because due to late arriving parts, on time in shop alone, one of mine can be legally called a lemon, while it was waiting for a gasket and o-ring, literally about $30 of parts. When I told the GM customer assistance people how it would be awful for me to have to force a buyback under the lemon law over their apparent inability to attain $30 of parts.. about 2 days later they had the parts..

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just got my car back yesterday.

43 days since accident, 41 since insurance cut check.

GM is trying to "do something for me". I told them to make my car payment or send me the GMPP exhaust. Press 'F' to doubt that happens though.
Haha.. took 12 days to get a new camcover and bolts and that was with chevy customer care assisting. Felt bad for the service advisor at the dealer during the process... poor guy kept telling me he ordered them and they will arrive in a few days... call back 4 days later and was told they are in route but doesn't know where exactly.. (lmao) happened twice till he finally just said there wasn't any available within a 500mile radius and no eta.... just thinking to myself wtf happened to the ones he ordered and were on the way... definitely was trying to give me false hope lol.

What sucks is I brought the car in cause of oil leaks and I suspected the check valve in the intake manifold was gummed up because I had oil leaking from the throttle body... oil leaks from cam cover etc.... they put a dye in and only changed the obvious leak from the cam cover and nothing else... it was merely leaking around the front edge under the oil fill cap. No CEL. 2 days later I removed the coil and noticed oil in my wells... the new cover isn't leaking on the front edge anymore but in the center right on to the plugs... I decided to take the intake manifold off and clean out the oil and see if the orange nipple could move or just shot.

Found out the nipple works great and still seats well but the manifold gasket was shot and had oil leaking down the rear side of the engine everywhere....hard for that nipple to function with the huge boost/vacuum leak inches from it lol. Now I'm bringing the car back in and really dreading how long another cam cover and probably the intake manifold will take to get in... you would think telling the techs I suspect the PCV and they would fix the problems.. I was wrong lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
I suspect the amount of rtv the tech used on these areas is why it didnt seal properly. The diaphragm was not ruptured on my old cover or this new one but both were leaking.

It was a pain to get this cleaned off... it spread around almost the whole timing chain side and I even found sealant dried to the side of the harmonic balancer... da **** lol
Screenshot_20191128-211313_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191128-211157_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am going to push them to replace the clutch under warranty when the transmission actually shows up since the trans has to come out.
The actual clutch plate is probably a very cheap part compared to the total cost of the transmission. You could probably buy the clutch plate and ask them to put it in new as they swap out the transmission.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well after 6 months my transmission finally came in. It was only after I got GM involved, as it was clear the dealer didnt do squat to try and follow up on its status. Even after the dealer set up the appointment, it took 3 weeks for them to complete the job. Best they could come up with was the transmission techs dog ate his homework...

Anyway, they replaced the transmission and the slave cylinder. Looks like GM is auto sending a new slave cylinder with any transmission hoping to avoid another costly warranty labor claim.

Just picked it up late yesterday. So far so good. Hopefully there are no more issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dealership has had my car for 2 weeks. No ETA on parts to replace clutch. I am currently making lease payments and renting a car out of pocket because they have no loaners.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dealership has had my car for 2 weeks. No ETA on parts to replace clutch. I am currently making lease payments and renting a car out of pocket because they have no loaners.
Contact Chevrolet of America, ASAP. I got my car payment for November reimburse after sending some proof of my monthly payment. They might at least pick up the tab for a rental for you, or send you to a dealer that has loaners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Contact Chevrolet of America, ASAP. I got my car payment for November reimburse after sending some proof of my monthly payment. They might at least pick up the tab for a rental for you, or send you to a dealer that has loaners.
I contacted Chevy USA last week and was initially encouraged. They said my case was "elevated" to the highest possible level and that an agent would work with me to get it resolved and that the agent would contact me in 1 or 2 business days (this was Thursday last week). Friday and Monday passed with no news, so I called back yesterday put into the voicemail of my "agent" that had never introduced themselves to me. She called back and was nice enough but not helpful. She explained that they were trying to find the part but not having any luck and that with regard to a loaner I had to contact my dealership. When I explained that I was renting out of my own pocket for the last week I was offered..... 3 days of rental reimbursement, but ONLY if i rented from Enterprise and, get this, ONLY if I rented a GM vehicle! At this point I'm considering legal action and spoke to an attorney that handles consumer protection issues.

The other thing i'm considering is asking for them to release me from lease (about 10 months left) now if I pay for the repair and we go our separate ways. That would pain me because I know in my heart of hearts I did nothing to destroy the clutch. I've been driving stick for 20 years. It was either defective or they are lying about it to avoid doing a warranty master/slave cylinder replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any update?
So at my wit's end I posted in the general discussion page looking for more ideas and I forgot to update here. Last week Chevy told me the part had been shipped to my dealer and would arrive Thursday. On Thursday the dealership called and told me the wrong paperwork from a different Cruze was stapled to my folder and that's why they thought I was outside of bumper to bumper, and that the repair would be covered by warranty. The part arrived Thursday but as of this morning, it is still not done (remember the 1 day job once part showed up?) Meanwhile I'm still borrowing a car from a family member. I called twice this morning, first time I think I got hung up on, second time I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally got to leave a message for my service guy. Still no call back. The good news is I put a deposit down on a new vehicle and hope to close out my Chevy lease this week. It was great listening to hold message boast about their fleet of 20 loaners available to cover you during warranty work. My car was towed there 4 weeks ago today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So at my wit's end I posted in the general discussion page looking for more ideas and I forgot to update here. Last week Chevy told me the part had been shipped to my dealer and would arrive Thursday. On Thursday the dealership called and told me the wrong paperwork from a different Cruze was stapled to my folder and that's why they thought I was outside of bumper to bumper, and that the repair would be covered by warranty. The part arrived Thursday but as of this morning, it is still not done (remember the 1 day job once part showed up?) Meanwhile I'm still borrowing a car from a family member. I called twice this morning, first time I think I got hung up on, second time I was on hold for 15 minutes and finally got to leave a message for my service guy. Still no call back. The good news is I put a deposit down on a new vehicle and hope to close out my Chevy lease this week. It was great listening to hold message boast about their fleet of 20 loaners available to cover you during warranty work. My car was towed there 4 weeks ago today.
This sort of runaround with the GM advisor phone tag and dealer nonsense is exactly what I experienced. I love my diesel Cruze but for the life of me, I will never ever buy a GM product ever again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
903 Posts
This sort of runaround with the GM advisor phone tag and dealer nonsense is exactly what I experienced. I love my diesel Cruze but for the life of me, I will never ever buy a GM product ever again
No doubt, the delay in getting the part is a GM corporate issue. But the rest of the problem - about 90% - sounds like dealer.

Doug

21 - 40 of 42 Posts