Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2018 Cruze and it has these scratches on the Passenger Air Bag indicator that's over the rearview mirror. (see pic)
And it looks worse when it is lit.
It looks like I can get the part but I'll need to remove the overhead console.
Usually I rely on youtube for a walk-through so I don't force something the wrong way and break things, but I'm not finding anything.
Can anyone point me to a source for instructions or at least explain what to push, pull, and pry?

Untitled.png

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,737 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry but really don't see what your talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it's not obvious in the picture. Regardless of whether anyone here can see what I'm talking about in the picture, I'm looking for instructions for removing the overhead console to replace the Passenger Air Bag indicator part 42527640.
Maybe it's so easy to take apart it's not worth talking about? I just have kicked myself in the past for guessing and doing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
It'll be much better for you to just ignore this.

I have never removed this overhead portion of the gen 2 Cruzes. But yeah there should be a metal bracket behind that. And this plastic trim just clips into it using some fragile clips.

The air bag indicator will either be glued in place orrrr clipped in.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,737 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a pic on ebay. It looks like there are four clips, one at each corner.
It could also possibly be screwed in through the two holes I see under the map light.

It'll be much better for you to just ignore this.
To ignore the scratch? Better for me? Better to have it nice and fixed imo. Might not be worth much money to do, but I'll find the parts cheap.

s-l1600.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts