Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I've got a 2011 Cruze LT, 1.4 Turbo, A/T, with 133K on the odometer. Owned (by my fiancee) since new. I've discovered a coolant leak on the passenger side; I originally thought it was the main radiator hose on that side, but on closer inspection I'm not so sure. I'm attaching pics to (hopefully) help with the description of where I believe the leak is. I'm wondering if this is an o-ring issue, or a thermostat(?) housing issue...or something else? I've busted my knuckles under the hood for 25+ years, and diagnosed/fixed quite a bit, but this is my first foray into the engine compartment of a Cruze. Please let me know if I've left any details out. Thanks for the help!

Inked20171115_112016_LI_Moment.jpg 20171115_112044.jpg

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Ooo good point, water pump? Need a pic from farther back. I know water pumps are less common than what I posted about, but still a known issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a better look at the leak; coolant is coming from the area that I have arrows pointed at in the picture. Looks like the gasket in the between the water pump and that plastic hose fitting...? If so, is it possible just to replace that one gasket?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,867 Posts
While it may be possible to just replace the gasket, I think I'd have the part on hand - just in case you find a crack that wasn't noticeable at first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a better look at the leak; coolant is coming from the area that I have arrows pointed at in the picture. Looks like the gasket in the between the water pump and that plastic hose fitting...? If so, is it possible just to replace that one gasket?
I have the exact problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
What ended up being your final solution Parts names and all I have the exact problem leaking from the exact area from your arrows and I have the exact same mileage to slightly less 132k but same issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts