Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are a number of other posts related to this problem. My Cruze only has 40k miles on it, and of course, it started after 32k, so it will not be covered by the dealer. As others have already suggested, I replaced the sway bar end links, but it did not make any difference. I see that others have reported it could be the sway bar bushings, or the upper strut mount, of course, neither is that easy to replace, and at 40k, is it even reasonable to expect to have to replace either of these anyways? I really like this car, and I am a long time GM customer, and even considering this is a small car, I would expect at least twice that amount of miles before having to deal with these types of problems.

No one has stated yet what there actual problem was related to these rattles.

Thanks in advance, Kurt

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Sway bar links are a wear item on pretty much any car or truck I can think of.

Springs also wear and can break over time. But typically with more age and mileage than sway bar links.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomko, thanks, yes I agree, my daughters 2002 Saturn VUE's links had to be replaced a few times. Once at around 80k and more recently again at around 130k. Like I said, I replaced mine with the MOOG problem solver ones, with the grease fittings, but it made no difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts