Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Glad to be part of this great online community.

I was reading a great thread on here and I can't seem to locate it BUT I do remember it was mentioning the Cruze LTZ can AutoLock/Unlock your car when you walk up or walk away from the car.

Currently I can have the car lock when I walk away but I can't seem to make it unlock when walking up, I have turned everything on in the MyLink system.. Am I just hoping for something that doesn't really exist?

Car:
2013 Cruze - LTZ
RS / Sun / Pioneer

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
What does the manual state ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
On my 2013 Cruze LTZ. You walk up to the car with FOB in your pocket. Place hand on door handle an put thumb over little switch on the handle. That unlocks the door/s. On my 2012 LTZ there was a little pad where the 2013 has that little switch. The 2013 has this unlock feature on all four doors. My 2012 LTZ only had this on the front two doors.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
The little switch is a black cut out on the handle itself you don't push the button it is pressure sensitive. On mine I just pull the handle and all of the doors unlock.. If you still cant get it to work let me know and I can walk you through it!!

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
On my 2013 Cruze LTZ. You walk up to the car with FOB in your pocket. Place hand on door handle an put thumb over little switch on the handle. That unlocks the door/s. On my 2012 LTZ there was a little pad where the 2013 has that little switch. The 2013 has this unlock feature on all four doors. My 2012 LTZ only had this on the front two doors.
On my 12 it has the option of driver door only or all doors not just the front doors, do you by chance have the child locks set for the back doors?? That may cause them not to unlock just a thought... :uhh:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help so far, I know you can press the button but I like the idea of walking up to my car and have it open ready to go without pressing any buttons. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
To my knowledge it doesn't unlock just by you walking up to the car with the FOB unless you use the FOB to do that. The auto unlock feature involves you having the FOB and your hand being placed on the door handle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the thread:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-ch...-forum/6386-things-know-about-your-cruze.html

If you have the passive entry system you can go to the config settings and setup the car to automatically lock when you leave so do you don't have to touch the painted square on the handle. The car locks when the key is out of range and unlocks again when the key is back in range. Remember, this setting must be enabled for it to work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our LTZ locks and honks after doors are closed, in a few seconds. Based on time, nothing to do with out of range, standing right beside car, doors still lock. It never unlocks without touching the button in a door handle or unlock on the passive key. Pulling on handle does nothing. Does this sound like all other Cruzes? Without auto lock, one of us without the passive key drove away, all car says is no key detected and keeps running. Nothing would stop a thief if car was left running unlocked. When wife got home without the key of course could not start car. GM missed a safety item.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hate to bring this thread back up since it is almost a year old, but it addresses the issue that we are having with the car. We an LTZ with passive lock and unlock. You never have to touch the fob to lock or unlock the car. It has worked like this for 2 years. I started having to replace the batteries about every 3 months because the passive unlock would not work and the car would not detect a fob. A new battery usually fixed the issue for a while. Now even with new batteries the car will not unlock when I walk up to the car. I can pull the door handle off and it will not detect the fob. It should unlock as I walk up to the car as that is the way it is programmed. It has also started not detecting the fob when I try to start the car and several times I got the "no fob detected" message when I try to shut the car off and get out. The engine will stop bu the doors will not unlock and the dash and gauges do not shut down.
I made an appointment and dropped it off at the dealer today. They could not duplicate the issue. (same response that I received when I had the car in 6 times for sticky steering issue - now we had a letter from GM offering to fix that nonexistant issue untill 2022). Brough the car home and 10 out of 10 times the car door would not open as it did not detect a fob. The door could be unlocked by pressing the unlock button everytime.
What causes the car to recognize the fob when it is near? Body control module? Security module? I'm not sure, but it is getting worse.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe I'm doing it wrong but in my 2012 Cuze LTZ I don't have to use the sensor/pad/switch/whatever. I just walk up to my locked car and use the door handle the same as I would in any car. The door unlocks and opens and I get in. I only use that pad thing if I want to lock the door but I rarely do because I have it set to lock the car after something like ten seconds with an audible horn chirp.

I also set my car to only unlock the door I'm trying to open because at night I don't want other people slipping in the car when I'm getting in unless they are welcome to get it.

In addition I can open any door including my trunk without having to unlock the car as long as I have the key FOB on me.

I also set my car up to only open the door when getting out and it is locked until the second time I use the handle. I feel like it is a good safety feature. :)

I don't know if this was changed in later models but I love this setup.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Wow. I must be doing mine wrong. I always walk up to the car and push the button on the handle for the door to unlock and then I open the door.

But the first thing I'd do is get the car in another location and see how it works. Remember, this is a small radio we're talking about. You don't have exclusive rights to that channel. There could be something near your home causing problems. That would explain why the dealer can't find anything.

Because there's a problem outside and inside, I think we can rule out antennas for now. (It uses a different antenna for each side, trunk and interior.)

If you have a second fob, I'd try that. Perhaps the fob's receiver is weak and not detecting when the car is near. Since the car always works with the fob's button, I'd look at that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I did a quick video on the settings I have for my Cruze and show it working just in case anyone else with the passive entry would like to have their Cruze work like mine.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I have a 2013 LTZ
My handles have a chrome button on all 4 handles.

For lock - Touching the button on any of the 4 handles will lock all 4 doors as long as the fob isn't in the car, of course.

For unlock - Touching button on either of the 2 rear doors will unlock all 4 doors. Touching button on the driver's side door only will only unlock the driver's side door, leaving the other 3 doors locked.

Never messed with any sort of settings, perfect as it is imo :)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'll be the first to admit those menu settings aren't the clearest ever. I didn't realize the passive meant I didn't have to push the button. I thought that just disabled the horn chirp.

·
10,713 Posts
I'll be the first to admit those menu settings aren't the clearest ever. I didn't realize the passive meant I didn't have to push the button. I thought that just disabled the horn chirp.
Guess we learn something new. I only had a LTZ for a day and didn't get that far into it. I was mostly trying to figure out the AQS button/feature. the way the 14 I had, it unlocked whatever door handle you went to. Same for the 2014 CTS I had for about a day as well.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I don't understand why it matters to not have to hit the button, the button is on the handle and you still have to pull the handle open to get into the car regardless so it doesn't really make a difference - now if the door wanted to actually swing open for you.... Lol

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
561 Posts
Edit: hmm not sure how I ended up quoting you. Sorry. But yes the settings could be a little more clear. :)
I don't understand why it matters to not have to hit the button, the button is on the handle and you still have to pull the handle open to get into the car regardless so it doesn't really make a difference - now if the door wanted to actually swing open for you.... Lol

Sent with iLove 6.0
Because getting in is quicker if you don't have to hit the button. The sensor takes a few seconds to react. So you have to hold the sensor have the door unlock and then open the door or you can do like I did and just open the door and not have to fiddle around with anything.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Edit: hmm not sure how I ended up quoting you. Sorry. But yes the settings could be a little more clear. :)

Because getting in is quicker if you don't have to hit the button. The sensor takes a few seconds to react. So you have to hold the sensor have the door unlock and then open the door or you can do like I did and just open the door and not have to fiddle around with anything.
I gotcha. The buttons must work differently b/c there's no lag time at all, you just hit the button as you grab the handle and it opens. I've never seen a Cruze with the sensor pad things though, I'm guessing that was a change between years?

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
I gotcha. The buttons must work differently b/c there's no lag time at all, you just hit the button as you grab the handle and it opens. I've never seen a Cruze with the sensor pad things though, I'm guessing that was a change between years?
Yeah 2012 Cruze LTZ Had touch pads sensors on just the two front doors if I remember correctly nothing on the rear doors.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts